Please turn your car stereo down when near houses.

You've all done a drive past today, haven't you, just to prove your point? :P Lol, there's been a load of bizarros driving past with their crap music blaring out, lunchtime onwards. :help:

:hihi:

Damn! I have been home all day. Completely forgot about the prearranged driveby at your place. I am so going to be the laughing stock of all my friend now. They will think I am scared of you. :hihi::hihi:

Can't believe this stupid thread's still dragging on! Why don't all the people who like to deafen themselves and WILL suffer permanent ear damage do it through cordless headphones and leave normal people a bit of peace and quiet? :huh:

Can't believe this stupid thread's still dragging on! Why don't all the people who like to deafen themselves and WILL suffer permanent ear damage do it through cordless headphones and leave normal people a bit of peace and quiet? :huh:

He says - continuing the thread :loopy:

I suppose part of the question should be - how loud is loud music? If it is anything loud enough for other people to hear - most people are up the creek without an engine.

He says - continuing the thread :loopy:

I suppose part of the question should be - how loud is loud music? If it is anything loud enough for other people to hear - most people are up the creek without an engine.

Call me loopy then... brilliant riposte!

To answer your question... loud music is anything over 85 decibels. Anything over this over a period of time WILL cause a noise induced hearing disorder most probably tinnitus. Why don't you look it up?... do you want to induce a hearing disorder whereby you have a permanent buzzing in your head for the rest of your life (24/7) the damage is irreversible? You will be listening to noise of well over 100 decibels whereby 95db is twice as loud as 85db.

To answer your question... loud music is anything over 85 decibels. Anything over this over a period of time WILL cause a noise induced hearing disorder most probably tinnitus. Why don't you look it up?... do you want to induce a hearing disorder whereby you have a permanent buzzing in your head for the rest of your life (24/7) the damage is irreversible? You will be listening to noise of well over 100 decibels whereby 95db is twice as loud as 85db.

You just complained about the thread still going on and by doing so you keep it going - and you don't think that deserves a loopy? If you had not said anything it would possibly be dead now.

Well then - thanks for the answer. My car stereo is the standard one fitted to a Mondeo so probably has a max of 2 decibels at full blast. Seems loud to me though.

But a car driving past a house isn't going to give you tinnitus is it so what's your point?

But a car driving past a house isn't going to give you tinnitus is it so what's your point?

'My point' is I have suffered from tinnitus for five years and know what I'm talking about. Anyone stood anywhere near your car whilst you're playing music at high volume is susceptible to ear damage. One of you noise lovers proudly said in an earlier post they'd just spent over £1500 on a noise system for their car (which will damage them) I recently spent twice that much on computer controlled earphones to try to alleviate some of my tinnitus to very little effect.

Bet that's put a smile on your face! :)

Why would you stand next to such a loud car, for such a long period of time that you'd get hearing damage, even if normal car stereos could produce over 85db outside the car?

Talk to an audiologist instead of asking me inane questions you muppet! Go and damage your hearing irreversibly without even bothering to read up on noise damage. You obviously know far more than any experts! :loopy:

Archived