Please turn your car stereo down when near houses.

I think that sitting outside someones house with music on really loud is the same as living nextdoor to them and having the sereo on really loud. Not a real problem in the daytime, but at 4am it's pain in the ar*e

i understand where arrrghh is coming from

I play my music loud, but if im going to be going past residential areas where i will be going slow or stationary, i will turn it down. And i pesonally always know if an emergency vehicle is coming same as tghe next man wether my music is up high or not.

Originally posted by Aaarrrggghhh

Update for the perpetrators, the remedial class and those that seem to support anti social behaviour.

It is also illegal.

Mod?

ttfn

(untypical forum user) :thumbsup:

Oh goody....he/she's gone then:wave:

About time too!!

& then shouting for a Mod...?? Aaarrrggghhh is a hypocrit for those who don't know this person posted some rather nasty unprovoked comments on a thread of mine some weeks ago...(deleted by Mods)... so in my view the words Remedial....Anti-Social and untypical can only describe one thing...THEM!!

:D

Originally posted by Aaarrrggghhh

It is also illegal.

I'm not particularly picking holes in your argument, but did want to point out that it's not illegal. The police have no interest in noise complaints - you need the Environmental Health, and even then, if it's no one particular person causing you the problems, they're going to be struggling to do their thing and confescate equipment etc.

Just so you don't get disappointed when the police don't help you.

Do you have double glazing? I'm not being as sarky as it looks written down, but it might help with all sorts of noises? Sorry if you've already answered this one before.

Dear aaarrrggghh,

posting a thread and then saying it's only for those concerned? Perhaps you should have been a little clearer in your thread and addressed it specifically to the people who drive past your house (you'd need to detail your address to be sure only those concerned responded).

And referring to the typical city-forum user as childish isn't going to help you win friends and influence people is it? As a musician, you may appreciate some of these 'childish' people attending gigs etc?

For the benefit of sticking to the 'thread' I too find excessive thud, thud, thud, thud, mildly annoying. Music I don't mind. And as Shiesh said, it's one of the signs of summer, music playing and windows open (in cars as well as houses) along with lawnmowers etc. Sometimes the noise of a lawnmower when i'm in bed trying to sleep isn't ideal - I pop in my earplugs and hey presto!

Guest karenjane39

Just out of interest, why DO they listen to it that loud and with the windows OPEN????? What's that all about?

Shut your windows and keep your din in!

Archived