Please turn your car stereo down when near houses.

Can you imagine any person driving a Mondeo seeking to draw attention to himself? Seriously? Do you know how to get attention Ruby? Perhaps not eh? :hihi:
Well, not by driving about acting the goat, certainly. :)

No-one pays any attention to us old people .. we just lurk in the shadows, living on past glories and quietly getting away with murder ;)

Well, not by driving about acting the goat, certainly. :)

No-one pays any attention to us old people .. we just lurk in the shadows, living on past glories and quietly getting away with murder ;)

Since when has listening to music being acting the goat? Maybe you're the one with the issue if you think everyone who drives passed you with music on and a window open is wanting to impress you!

Since when has listening to music being acting the goat? Maybe you're the one with the issue if you think everyone who drives passed you with music on and a window open is wanting to impress you!
When did the topic change to 'listening to music"? :confused::suspect: Are you on the wrong thread? :huh:

People who drive along with open nearside windows forcing their choice of music on everyone within earshot aren't wanting to impress anyone, obviously, otherwise they wouldn't be such prats, would they? They're just desperate for attention, they don't care whether it's good or bad. That's an opinion that's shared by many people. Except the ones doing it, I imagine :)

We have gangbangers blasting deep bass at 1 or 2 am every other night trying to impress a girl who lives at the end of the street.

The bass that I've heard is not really true bass but distorted, "false bass" coupled with numerous resonances from the cars bodywork. The dimensions of a car interior are too small to allow the reproduction of very low audio frquencies. It certainly isn't High Fidelity.

When did the topic change to 'listening to music"? :confused::suspect: Are you on the wrong thread? :huh:

People who drive along with open nearside windows forcing their choice of music on everyone within earshot aren't wanting to impress anyone, obviously, otherwise they wouldn't be such prats, would they? They're just desperate for attention, they don't care whether it's good or bad. That's an opinion that's shared by many people. Except the ones doing it, I imagine :)

What about driver's side window? Is it acceptable for that to be open whilst listening to music - or in your warped world are those drivers still desperate for attention?

By the way - I leave my music on loud when I am not in built up areas - so I must want the attention of the deaf bunnies or the trees or something according to your psychological evaluation.

Anyhow - nothing stopping you switching off your hearing aid. :hihi:

The louder the better...u should have better double glazing ;)
I sometimes feel as though the Grumpy Old Men could get an entire series just out of the morons that inhabit the SF threads :hihi:

I can accept the little boy chavs with their hoodies and their modded rustbuckets trying to look hard and shifty and blasting the street out. But the men, you really ought to have grown out of it by your mid twenties! :hihi:

I sometimes feel as though the Grumpy Old Men could get an entire series just out of the morons that inhabit the SF threads :hihi:

I can accept the little boy chavs with their hoodies and their modded rustbuckets trying to look hard and shifty and blasting the street out. But the men, you really ought to have grown out of it by your mid twenties! :hihi:

I do not think you should label yourself a moron, Ruby. We don't think that about you.

And those men who have grown out of what? It is always pleasing to hear beethoven, mozart and Tchaikovsky at colume rather than so quite you can hear a pin drop. You do not go to a music hall to listen to music with earplugs in do you?

Is it just the fact that the tastes of those men sat in their cars listening to their loud music is different to your tastes - so there must be something wrong with them?

Archived