More vegan eating

Kathryn W

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I bake vegan cakes for the Bohemian Cafe on Chesterfield Road........the choc cake and the carrot cake are my creations. Please go and try them! :0)

Have already done so, and full marks from me!

Mind you, I wouldn't know what to do with the egg should someone give me ingredients for a cake.....but the challenge is getting the cake light enough for it not to be basically parkin.

"the challenge is getting the cake light enough for it not to be basically parkin."

I have tried many vegan cake recipes, and the lightest one I have found (and also incidentally the most unhealthiest!) uses a mixture of brown sugar (9oz - honestly, I know it's loads but that is the correct quantity!!), 12fl.oz. water and 5fl.oz of vegetable oil, mix that all together in a measuring jug, then pour a little bit at a time into a mixing bowl full of 12oz s/r flour, and 3tsp of baking powder. Cook for 25-30 mins at 190 degrees (gas mark 5). It usually makes enough for a normal size victoria sponge cake, or about 12 fairy cakes, and is always really light and fluffy!

Archived