Woody's Sandwich Bar - Hunters Bar

Liam101

If anyone is passing Hunters Bar round-about I strongly recomend Woody's Sandwich Bar if you fancy a very tasty sandwich. I thought it would be another poor quality Sheffield sandwich shop, but I couldn't be so wrong! Very cheap prices, but that doesn't mean the quality is cheap, the very opposite in fact. You can eat in (although not much seating) or take-out. I recomend the Canadian Steak with the mustard, cheese & onion.

I just thought I would add that if anyone wants a good snack stop.

If anyone is passing Hunters Bar I strongly recommend you avoid Woodys at all cost. Well, a little harsh maybe, but here's why;

1 - It's always packed

2 - It's overpriced (you'll know why when you see your sandwich)

3 - Everything....takes....such...a...long...time...

4 - Each breadcake comes complete with a whole bag of flour, fact.

The local butchers around the corner (take your pick there's 2 of them) and Perfectionary on Sharrowvale Road are much better in all departments.

Packed for a reason ,the sandwhiches are very nice. Its fairly priced ,i wouldnt slate the place it make a change that shops dont just do chicken bacon sausage salad cheese ect although they do but theres always summit a bit different about them.Although LA's up the road does VERY nice sarnies or seans next door do the best hot pork

I visited for the first time the other morning whilst feeling the effects of a rough night out.

Got myself a special with everything for under £2. Ordered it by phone and picked it up about 20 minutes later. 10 out of 10 goes for everything.

You Hunter's Bar dwellers don't know you're born. There's nowt in the way of decent sandwich shops where I live (Abbeydale Road), but on Ecclesall Road and Sharrowvale Road you've got Woody's (brilliant), Spoilt for Choice (even better, with special sausage) etc. etc.

For roast pork or breakfast-type butties though, it's clearly all about Roney's on Sharrowvale Road.

Hey - All hail the bison - what about the amazing sandwiches at Bragazzi on Abbeydale Road ? Enthusiasm, inventiveness, lovely atmosphere and coffee to equal that of anywhere iv'e ever been, or should that be bean ? (sorry).

You really don't know how lucky you are - we've got the airport cafe or nothing decent (i.e. somone who knows that a baguette is not a torpedo shaped bread cake).

Airort cafe's ok but range not that fantastic, and a bit pricey compared with woody's