Kelham Island Tavern..

after our last visit to this pub....i would suggest every one avoid the place at all cost...................

as being all active members of Camra...and all of us working in respectable jobs.

beimg accused of pulling a picture of the wall and bending and breaking out of shape.....

even though none of our group were even near this so claimed picture near the time of damage....

being barred...from the pub without any chance to prove our unimpeachable record.....

this pub will no longer recieve our trade and i urge other real ale drinkers to head towards the FAT CAT, THE HARLIQUIN, BOTTOM WELLIE, RIVERSIDE.....and any other real ale pub around sheffield apart from the kelham Island tavern due to the complete pig headedness of he landlord.........

Might I suggest that you go back during the day and have a chat with Lewis or Trevor. I'm sure if you explain what happened, then they will be more than reasonable.

This is one of my favourite pubs, and the landlord is one of the nicest people I've ever met.

Might I suggest that you go back during the day and have a chat with Lewis or Trevor. I'm sure if you explain what happened, then they will be more than reasonable.

This is one of my favourite pubs, and the landlord is one of the nicest people I've ever met.

spot on. trevor is a legend.

I was there as it happens. The chap involved was sober and tried explaining to the landlord that he didn't take the picture. He was calm and obviously upset at being accused. The landlord would hear nothing of it and just kept accusing him.

Trevor may be a legend, but he was completely in the wrong on this occasion.

after our last visit to this pub....i would suggest every one avoid the place at all cost...................

as being all active members of Camra...and all of us working in respectable jobs.

beimg accused of pulling a picture of the wall and bending and breaking out of shape.....

even though none of our group were even near this so claimed picture near the time of damage....

being barred...from the pub without any chance to prove our unimpeachable record.....

this pub will no longer recieve our trade and i urge other real ale drinkers to head towards the FAT CAT, THE HARLIQUIN, BOTTOM WELLIE, RIVERSIDE.....and any other real ale pub around sheffield apart from the kelham Island tavern due to the complete pig headedness of he landlord.........

Okay...

You were the only person in the toilet at the time the picture was smashed. That was evidence enough for us. I'm sure if you'd have been anywhere else you would have been asked to leave without being allowed to finish your drinks.

Okay...

You were the only person in the toilet at the time the picture was smashed. That was evidence enough for us. I'm sure if you'd have been anywhere else you would have been asked to leave without being allowed to finish your drinks.

It would appear that you are replying as a gaffer / staff member and if this is the case, I'll will take heed of the original posters comments and avoid your place too.

If your willing to throw out and bar customers purley on what you believe and in the face of ignorance or aggression then fair enough.

I don't think I need to tell you that CAMRA members on the whole aren't generally distructive, irresponsable or irrational members of society.

However, you say "you were allowed to leave after finishing your drinks" like you were being reasonable and doing them a favour.

The person in question may have been a little peeved at being accused (and so would anyone in this situation) and was able to shelf this and wanted to continue the discussion in a rational manor.

By your own admission, you are willing to over-rule calm, rational and adult conversation with circumstantial evidence.

could the picture have been smashed before this gentleman went in?

indeed! how is knowing the picture was smashed after the chap left proof that he did it? :loopy: have they got cameras in there, or have a witness? :huh: think i might give the place a miss this weekend too, i dont want to run the risk of being accused of breaking anything :rolleyes:

Archived