Solicitors letters fees

I am wanting to get a letter drawn up. I will be looking into the details myself of where I legally stand but want a solicitors letter sending advising someone of action taken against them if they continue to harass a member of my family. Does anyone know roughly how much this would cost?

Thankyou

Your problem will be is that in order to act for you they will have to have a retainer etc and have to give you advice. They will not just let you send a letter out to someone because you pay them money as they will be in breach of quite a few solicitors codes of conduct if they do.

This act should help you though:-

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts1997/ukpga_19970040_en_1

I am wanting to get a letter drawn up. I will be looking into the details myself of where I legally stand but want a solicitors letter sending advising someone of action taken against them if they continue to harass a member of my family. Does anyone know roughly how much this would cost?

Thankyou

dont bother !!i too only wanted a solicitors letter,i was Quoted £70 and have finished up with a bill for £344.00 for 1 letter and 1 email:huh:

Thankyou

If you know where you stand legally, you will be as well sending a formally worded letter yourself.

• 5 years later...
Not sure why you would need a solicitors letter - if there is harassment ongoing then the police can issue a warning to the individual which may work or if they have a formal complaint they can act on it.

Sorry, I'm not experiencing harassment, the letter is to do with a joint mortgage with an ex partner. Google brought me to this thread.

I want to advise the other party that I will be taking further action, I want to do this officially.

I was told I can try to obtain an order for sale myself by applying to the courts, but I'm not sure if a letter just written by me would be official enough to get things moving?