Celtic Fans in Sheffield

I am looking to find an Irish bar in Sheffield that subscribes to the Irish Sports Channel Setanta. I am trying to find somewhere to what Glasgow Celtic Football Matches. Irish bars are usually a good place to start but there maybe other pubs around Sheffield that Celtic fans gather to watch the match.

I used to live in Preston and there was always a pub full of Celtic afns watching the match - I'm trying to find / or organise the same in Sheffield.

Can anyone help?

Hail! Hail!:clap: :clap:

JulieAnn,

I bleieve the Dog and Partridge (best Irish bar in Sheffield) on Trippett Lane subscribes to Setanta, thought I'm not sure.

On of my colleagues here is a bhoy, I'll try and put you in touch, but he's not in the office until Monday at the earliest.

Cheers

N

my understanding is that all pubs who subscribe to sky sports get setanta in their package, however it's very hard to find anywhere showing a Celitc match as there isn't enough demand and pubs tend to show english matches instead. I spent about 2 years driving my partner to the Irish Centre in Leeds to watch the games. If you do find a pub regularly showing Celtic games please let me know

Sully's mum

Originally posted by JulieAnne

I am looking to find an Irish bar in Sheffield that subscribes to the Irish Sports Channel Setanta. I am trying to find somewhere to what Glasgow Celtic Football Matches. Irish bars are usually a good place to start but there maybe other pubs around Sheffield that Celtic fans gather to watch the match.

I used to live in Preston and there was always a pub full of Celtic afns watching the match - I'm trying to find / or organise the same in Sheffield.

Can anyone help?

I could help - but I'm not going to as you support the great unwashed, and you cant spell for toffee.:razz:

I found a Sheffield Utd pub showing the Rangers -v- Celtic game a few weeks back!

Anyone going to watch the final on Sunday? I might go to that Irish bar the Dog and Partridge. Only moved from Scotland a few weeks ago and I can't miss it!

Archived