Reception venues - with outside space !

Hello All,

I am getting married next July and really need to find a reception venue !

We really want one with outside space and prefeably one that will either do a BBQ for us or allow us to bring in an outside catering company.

We are getting married at the botancial gardens so ideally it would be round the eccleshall/nether edge/greystones area but will go further if we find the right place !!

Any ideas ???

Thanks

My daughters reception was at Dam House last November and it was great, reasonable prices, great staff, lovely food and they allowed us to put fairy lights and patio heaters etc outside

Have you thought about the Dam House. Its not too far from the Botanical Gardens and has a great view over Crookesmoor Park. They are also flexible about food and will do a barbecue. I had my reception there in 2007 and would recommend them:thumbsup:

http://www.dam-house.co.uk/

I went here for a meal for my birthday last month with my husband and the food and place were great :thumbsup:

We had our reception at Sheffield Park Hotel last August - can reccommend that, food, place and service were great. They do have an outdoor area with seating, I'm sure if you aksed they may provide outdoor food?

Also I think Kenwood hall (former marriot) may do you this?

Also getting married at Botanicals and wanted the same thing. We approached Menzels first as they have the courtyard bit and its walkable (apparently they do a hog roast/bbq and are fine with outside catering) but they could only give us exclusive hire up to 10pm as it was a friday. We have gone with the Wig and Pen now - courtyard bit outside but not sure if that would be outsidey enuf for you!

Its such a shame the botanicals doesn't have a reception area too, they would rake it in!!!

Thanks everyone !

We did consider the Dam house as the outside space is perfect but the inside isn't should the weather be typically british and peeing it down. Also when i took my hubby to be there for lunch to check it out he had to send his food back so now has no-no'd it ! Can't blame him i guess.

Went to the kenwood last week, bit over priced really for what you got and the room that we would be allowed if doing the BBQ thing was tiny !

The search continues, going to make a few appointments for this weekend I think !!

Oh and the botanical gardens are having one 1 trial reception this year to see how they go with complaints from local residents/damage to the gardens etc. But i think it may be too late to wait and see if that means they will allow them in the future, can't believe how early things get booked up i always thought it was myth !!

Archived