Henry Matthews and sons

Yes I remember Tommy Grant your dad,You lived at the bottom of Derbyshire Lane.Woodseats if my memmory is as good as yours for remembering registeration plates.You were spot on and he drove the first atkinson eight wheeler we owned.He drove long distance for us for years working out ob BRS,Trowbridge and RDB.

The man with the Rolls Royce was Bernard Nolan He was Caretaker/lorry driver,the chap who filled the lorries up was Charlie Barker who also drove.He worked out of Sheffield Forge & Rolling Mills.As for the photograph of alll the lorries I dont know how it came to be up on a pub wall.I have quite a few of the old photos from early 1900s to mid 1970s.

• 3 months later...
for Frankjnr - I think you might remember me - Arthur Suter or Sooty from the early 60's - please P.M. as i'm new and can't P.M. yet. Would love to hear from you.

great to hear from you frank,i am living in langley b.c.canada now.retired twelve years ago.i remember your mom and dad very well ,couldn,t wish to meet nicer people my friend ted sharpe lived a couple of doors down from you on old retford rd.do you know what happend george broughton?.im new to this commputer stuff, so was elated to get a reply so soon. thanks a lot.

i used to have a mate called barry ramsden used to drive for them around 1965.i used to drive for rileys at intake used to see mathews all over the uk

great to hear from you bryan.i rember getting a ride with you down to london,im sure this was in 1971.sorry i accidently erased your address. please get in touch again.and we will have a good chat eightlegger'

great to hear from you bryan.i rember getting a ride with you down to london,im sure this was in 1971.sorry i accidently erased your address. please get in touch again.and we will have a good chat eightlegger'

i remember lots of names from rileys from the 1960s i started at rileys in 1964 driving a old s type bedford working out of stuat and lloyds on rutland rd then moved on to a tk bedford doing multie drop work for rdb all over uk good old days