Beware of choosing your Broadband Provider

Originally posted by robh

support is a euphamism for a brainless moron who wants not just account number but address, name, postcode, phone number (which must all be on their computer system and are too readily available to third parties to be regarded as "security checks").

Like I have already stated I have had few faults in the 3 years I have been with them. On the occasions I have called support I have become annoyed with all this OTT secuirty checking like you mention and even a password check has been added now.

In answer to the 44 users & then it's free question, I don't know.

As far as support goes I've never had to use it. On the 2 occasions in the 12 months since I joined that there has been a problem I've simply used dial up to access their support site which has a real time report of any issues. On both occasions they were aware of the problem already and had an estimated fix time of under an hour.

Plus they're Sheffield based and we should support local industry.

You could try a company called SOLIS - Sheffield Internet.

As the name suggests they are based in Sheffield and have been around for a good few years now, longer than plusnet.

They are a small company with good customer service and a friendly informal manner.

Guest wizthebest

Hmm

Ive done the network thing before with 2 pcs and the internet (one pc on ntl i think it was and the other on aol) and it was a pain cos if I was online and the X wanted to go on I would have to log off so he could log on for me to log on through him etc .... which got to be a pain in the ........

I think we will probably leave the pcs as they are because I dont do much on mine apart from chat and do my websites whereas J downloads music etc .... Plus we dont have to disconnect either pc if the other person wants to go online (sounds gibberish but I know what I mean but I cant write it properly)

• 4 months later...

Archived