Greasy veras

MARTINO 1

Ah....the sweet smell of frying bacon wafting down pitsmoor. The council ought to put a plaque up on the site of vera's van. What a place. 2am on a warm summer night, with a bacon and tomato butty (or 2 ) and a mug of tea. As close to heaven on earth as you are likely to get. I went there with my missus the night we met. Weve been married 22 years now.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a big feature in the paper a few months ago. John left after many years and the business was taken over.

Sass and I used to call there every weekend after he'd finished DJing at the Corporation. It was the first 'meal' he took me out to. Ahhh, so romantic. My little car was always caked in mud after bumping it up the muddy track.

• 3 months later...

When Mr Talker was the bouncer at the wig and pen (and I worked there as casual bar staff), we lived in Woodside (Top of pitsmoor, near christchurch) Just up the hill from GV's van.

Mr Talker would treat us to a supper of sausage and tomato butties from GV or GG's when he came home at about 1/2 am. If the staff stopped off at gg's, I would get the treat of a slab of lemon meringue pie, instead.... yum!

PT

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

Greasy Vera's van is on Swinton Street which is at the bottom of Pitsmoor Road near the junction of Mowbury st., Nursery St and Corporation st.

I don't think it's open. I have driven past and not noticed open for a long time. The van is still there.

I used to like the Cheggburgers that they did.

Dean of Disco