Are you willing to admit your age

depoix

• 4 weeks later...
Want to know what makes me cringe? 'How Much is that Doggy in the Window'. Yeah, and 'Woof,Woof, to you too.

Unbelievable that ever got published, but more unbelievable that there was a recording of it sung backwards and I could sing it. "Window the in doggy that is much how..."

my youngest daughter,now 16 rang me to see what the weather was like here,she said the clouds in bolton on dearn were crying very hard,this is what i used to tell her when she was a baby and asked why we had rain,which got me thinking about the song by jonny ray from 1951

do you remember it ? of course you do because were at a certain age ;)

Michael Holliday had a fine baritone voice, does anyone remember him singing on the TV advert for "Cadbury's Milk Tray"? Can't remember who did the one for "Toblerone" bars, triangular bees, etc.

He sung also, I think, the ad for "White Heather" Chocs.

I was singing The Runaway Train about 2 0' clock this morning. Mind you, I was **** faced.

Unbelievable that ever got published, but more unbelievable that there was a recording of it sung backwards and I could sing it. "Window the in doggy that is much how..."

This somehow reminds me of the 1950s "Singing Dogs" - it was a bit of a con, as they just taped various barks and strung them together - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0qfxGBID5g

I don't know if I'm the granddaddy of you all, but I'll be 78 in August, still have most of my eyesight and hearing and get on a bike every day. A jazz fan all my life, especially modern jazz, though I love the most recent Louis Armstrong group stuff, not the sentimental slush of his. Today I like Diana Krall and Sheryl Crow, Tony Bennet is still around beating up any duettist who ties to match him. Beats the pants out of George Michael in " How do you keep the music playing ". Life is good.

What about Moonriver sung by, I think, Andy Williams? I remember one night many moons ago not being able to sleep. My dad, a man not known for showing his soft side, sat on my bed and sang me to sleep.

What about Moonriver sung by, I think, Andy Williams? I remember one night many moons ago not being able to sleep. My dad, a man not known for showing his soft side, sat on my bed and sang me to sleep.

A chap that I know chauffered Williams around London once. He racially abused him and could not string two words together without one of them beginning with F.

He was that obnoxious that even his minders apologised for his behaviour.

Archived