Are you willing to admit your age

depoix

16 tons.... tenesee ernie ford

singin the blues guy mitchell

big john.. who sang that ?

i owe my sole to the company store ???

in a monastry garden..?

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Jimmy Dean sang 'Big John'.

I think 'I owe my soul to the company store' is actually part of 'Sixteen Tons'.

Ronnie Ronalde whistled 'In a Monastery Garden'.

'Singing the Blues', was also sung by Tommy Steele.

Old enough to remember a lot of Crookes' comprehensive list.

The first record I bought ( a 78 rpm in 1955 ) was The Ballad of Davy Crockett / Theme from Robin Hood - remember Richard Todd riding through the glen? That followed seeing the film and my Auntie buying me a coonskin cap from Woolworths for my birthday.

Next came April Love by Pat Boone and Perry como's Magic Moments / Catch a Falling Star. I must have been a young romantic in those long gone days!

After that in 1957 I bought my first E P - remember them? Elvis' Jailhouse Rock. From that point it was onwards and upwards. All those original records have disappeared over the years. Pity, they might be worth something now.

there i was diggin this hole....bernard cribbens

what year was that crooksey ?

Bernard Cribbins' Hole In The Ground was at number 10 in March 1962 and spent 7 weeks in the top 20. I'm Crookes and have been compiling the lists. There's a Crookesey, but no Crooksey.

Archived