Safest bars on West street

Please vote for the safest bar(s) on West street.  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for the safest bar(s) on West street.

• Cavendish
    • S1
    • West Street pub
    • Varsity
    • Lounge Bar
    • Westways
    • Flares
    • Lava Lounge (or whatever it is called now)
    • Other (please specify in post)

Is your poll option of 'West Street pub' West Street Live? I think it used be called the West Street Hotel many years ago.

Echoing Jared's post: we've only been around 6 weeks now but no trouble at all. We are very lucky in having great doormen though. And when we promoted at West Street Live for 2 years, we didn't have any problems either.

Tonight we had a very healthy size crowd in and a wide variety of ages from 18 up to 60+, which is something we particularly like about our place.

I think West Street gets a bit of undeserved bum press to be honest. Yeh, Saturday nights see police cars patrolling it's length but having spent Saturday nights in many other cities (*shudders*: Leeds), Sheffield as a whole feels a pretty safe place to be.

How could you possibly include Westways in the list? That place is horrific beyond belief.

West St isn't as nice as Division St. However, we sometimes go in Bia Hoi and the Cavendish. There is also a pub opposite the tram stop (forgot what its called) which is usually OK. Other than that, if your wanting to meet a pint drinking, tattoo covered lesbian then take your pick on all the rest of them...

How could you possibly include Westways in the list? That place is horrific beyond belief.

West St isn't as nice as Division St. However, we sometimes go in Bia Hoi and the Cavendish. There is also a pub opposite the tram stop (forgot what its called) which is usually OK. Other than that, if your wanting to meet a pint drinking, tattoo covered lesbian then take your pick on all the rest of them...

Its not the pint drinking, tattoo covered lesbians that are the problem on west street, its the ones who end up vomiting in the street and walking out into the road, blind drunk without looking and nearly get run over, screming and shouting and starting aggro.

Give me tattoo covered lesbians any day of the week!

Which ones? Also does chav mean they are unsafe?

From your list I'd probably only go in Mentholman's or The Lounge. If I was an 18 year old student again I'd likely visit the others but they're not my cup o' tea these days as you often can't talk to people above the music.

Chav doesn't necessarily mean unsafe, but you might encounter more "attitude" in some of the bars in your list than the various good boozers dotted around town.

Archived