Safest bars on West street

Please vote for the safest bar(s) on West street.  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Please vote for the safest bar(s) on West street.

• Cavendish
    • S1
    • West Street pub
    • Varsity
    • Lounge Bar
    • Westways
    • Flares
    • Lava Lounge (or whatever it is called now)
    • Other (please specify in post)

I can't even remember the last time i spotted any trouble in town.

To be honest me neither but the news papers (Star) and Calendar etc are full of it and so is Sheffield Forum. Maybe I have just been lucky to avoid it or perhaps I leave before it starts. I don't tend to stay later than around 10:30 so perhaps it is happening later in the wee small hours.

Another vote for West Street Live/Mentholmans.

It's the only place I'd go in on West Street, although that's to do with taste, not safety. I've never found any of the other's unsafe, just full of not very interesting people (aka barry boys and mutton dressed as lamb slappers).

To be honest me neither but the news papers (Star) and Calendar etc are full of it and so is Sheffield Forum. Maybe I have just been lucky to avoid it or perhaps I leave before it starts. I don't tend to stay later than around 10:30 so perhaps it is happening later in the wee small hours.

Nah, it's fine. Other than Niche, I find every other place in the city centre as safe as I've found in just about any city in the world.

24 hour media just makes things seem worse. Every incident of handbags ends up getting 'reported' and hysteria-ised.

Lounge is very small and intimate; I have never encountered any nastiness by customers there, although I have generally been on quiet nights; I would imagine they have a doorman on the busy weekend nights.

The Bedroom Is Good

Bar One

And Erm Their Quiet A Few

The bedroom is not good Sid, do you remember my thread from the other week about nice places on West St because i'd had a bad night - well there was one of the places I was on about.

I think the further up West Street you are, the better it is. Theres also a new bar on one of the roads that joins Division St & West St called Soho and thats supposed to be really nice.

Oh yeah AVOID BASEMENT TOO!!

Archived