Online check in?

Can you pick your seats online without checking in and getting charged the Fast Drop off fee? I'm flying with BA for the first time in a few months.

I think BA now charge for reserving your seats in advance. It is a pretty recent thing. Money=making, and keeping in line with all the other low cost carriers etc.

What i meant was checkin not allowed untill 48 hrs before departure and up to 60 mins before gates close.BMI charging for baggage and for selecting your seating.

BMI say on their site that you can't print off the boarding card until 48 hours before boarding. This is untrue. I've just been to the Czech republic and printed off both the outward and return boarding cards before we left (went for 4 days). They charge at the airport if you don't have these preprinted. I think it's just another ruse to get more money off you. How many people haven't even tried to print the return leg card before going abroad, just to find they can't find an internet cafe (or wherever) to print it whilst there?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

Last month i had a tour to europe and i got my checkin from online service provider for check in, There service is really good. Earlier i faced many problems like standing for long time in queues and not getting my preferred seat.

I'm flying to Malta with Ryanair in May and can check-in on line from 15 days and up to 4hrs before departure. If I don't there is a £40 charge per passenger (5 of us). Considering the flights were only £40 each I have 'several' reminders to do this.

We just have to drop off our bags at the baggage drop desk and go to departures.

Hope its as easy as it sounds!

Archived