New hang out place to open soon-with your help

zion

been looking around for the right premises to open a pub/bar/coffee house/art gallery/open mic spot/druming, dancing etc classes/second hand book and clothes swap spot/ gift shop/come in with your own drink and just chill out and read your book without buying anything kind of spot. found the good spot. preety good, big enough and all. free of brewery ties and pretty much blank canvas kind of place. please don't tell me i'm mad to get into this trade, have heard it all the past six months i've been working on this. tenancy agreement pretty good as, i guess, not many people crazy eough to buy, rent or go anywhere near anything to do with pubs. place been closed a while. painted and done up but just a shell. will need to get all the furnitu and things. would rather put the money into buying drums, art equipment for free or cheap classes for those can't afford, and other more worthwhile, please don't pick me up on this, semantics is not my strong point, things for the place. anythng else you might suggest would be looked into. so, would people be willing to dump their unwanted couches, chairs, book shelves etc on the me. give the place a kind of 'in my own house' feel. you could then come in and sit om your old favourite seat, in the pub! can't beat that. if you won't part with it free would gladly buy it.

thinking if you get a number for everything you put in then a raffle on the opening night, if you there, will win you 50 pints of whatever is you favourite tipple. if you not, i'll post the winning number on here.

not that you good peopel wouldn't help out-me, you and the world:hihi:recycling nd wahtnot, without a carrot dangled.

just realised might have put this post in the wrong area. if that be the case, i apologize profusely to the gate keeprs.

Blimey! Well it seems you've got a reasonable amount of funds to experiement with so I'd say go for it! For example a couple of my uni mates have set up and created a student based (but not exclusive) room for art events, live nights etc and there's a decent turnout for each thing. I think it's about getting the right people coming along.

Love the idea of a mix and match comfy chair thing! :D

There are a few empty premises around the city whoch could be turned into quite nice cafes/bars, etc. with a bit of investment. Try the former MATILDA pub in Matilda Street; this is right near the Cultural Industries quarter and all the art galleries, so you would have a ready supply of customers, day and night.

I live quite near to this old pub and think it must have been really nice in it's heyday, considering the area, and the old yorkshire artspace over the road.... Makes em sad seeing all the disused buildings in the cultural quarter.

Blimey! Well it seems you've got a reasonable amount of funds to experiement with so I'd say go for it! For example a couple of my uni mates have set up and created a student based (but not exclusive) room for art events, live nights etc and there's a decent turnout for each thing. I think it's about getting the right people coming along.

Love the idea of a mix and match comfy chair thing! :D

I can imagine it now, "oi you get out of my chair".

Its a good idea though, like babybel said, once you get the right clients, your laughing.

Brilliant idea. If I had a spare sofa I would donate it! Sheffield needs more imaginative venues and happenings that are closer to the people (like most other interesting cities in Europe). Good luck with it... I've got a box full of books that I'll donate once you're up and running.

There are a few empty premises around the city whoch could be turned into quite nice cafes/bars, etc. with a bit of investment. Try the former MATILDA pub in Matilda Street; this is right near the Cultural Industries quarter and all the art galleries, so you would have a ready supply of customers, day and night.

The OP has stated that they allready have a venue.

Archived