Normandy Beaches

milted

Try and get there...we went on the 6th june 2 years ago and found it fascinating,people from all over the world go to remember the events of world war 2. A trip I will always remember and will go again...

We visited the beaches in 2007 and it was a memorable holiday.Try to see Colleville American Military Cemetery, Arromanches, the Pont du Hoc and Pegasus Bridge at Benouville. The Peace Museum at Caen brings it all into perspective. Have a good time.

Many thanks Sycamore 66 andArrobo AndTasha 78 Thankyou for your Interest To tell the truth I have been lucky enough to attend th 45th 50th55th and 60th Commorative services I would like to get to the 65th as this will definatley be the last. I belonged to the Dueham 12th branch of the Normandy Vets, but sadly most have died off or are not fit to travel I am luckyand am going to try and make Thanks for your interest Kind regards

Many thanks Sycamore 66 andArrobo AndTasha 78 Thankyou for your Interest To tell the truth I have been lucky enough to attend th 45th 50th55th and 60th Commorative services I would like to get to the 65th as this will definatley be the last. I belonged to the Dueham 12th branch of the Normandy Vets, but sadly most have died off or are not fit to travel I am luckyand am going to try and make Thanks for your interest Kind regards

Hello,

Were you DLI and was your unit involved in the fighting south of Bayeaux -

places like Tilly-sur-Suelles?

My Father in Law was Essex Regt. and is buried in the cemetery at Hottot-les-Bagues along with a lot of Durham boys.

Regards

Good luck with the visit Ted. You certainly kept that quiet at Lane Top. Watching Mrs Miniver will never quite be the same again (only joking). Enjoy your time there. I know it will bring so many memories. All of us owe all of you a debt. Sincerest regards - Nigel.

• 1 month later...

Archived