Funky house bars/clubs

Sass

hiya! it depends on wot nite u go out-

Friday nite,the best bars playing funky house are: revolution,haylcon,ruby lounge,brb,tequila! then followed by going to leadmill-the small room plays wicked/classsic funky house tracks! or republic-the small room in there plays all the new funky house stuff-i struggle in there though-coz the stuff they play is so new that i don't know it so can't sing along!

Sat nite-all of the above bars plus takapunas (its really good for funky house in there on a sat!) best to stay there too instead of goin clubbin (open til 2.30)!

hope this helps ya! xxx

Originally posted by fnkysknky

The Leadmill and GC1 on a Friday are hardly the best places to go if you're a fan of funky house.

My thoughts exactly. Speially Leadmill. You dont wanna go to a club looking for funky house and end up spending all night in some room the size of a large bedroom.

sheffield is still lacking a really good bar/club that caters for funky house. its all commercial pack.

i am into funky hosue myself and afetr living in london adn nottingham find sheffield light years behind !

however i would recommend....

revolution (however is going down hill fast)

forum (has some brill sat nights with house DJ - however other weeks its some strange night that is really poor),

crystal i think is trying but last few times ive been its an older crowd now,

ruby lounge had so much promise but seems to be slipping back into chav central and back into the venues formal stauts of a rough chavs pub.

tacapuna-hit and miss again plus can be gangland sometimes

as for clubs..i keep trying to hunt out house clubs but i guess pin up club on a friday.... be warned it is quite underground and dingy but music is good !

but what im liking at the mo is hustle ! at zero (old capital) they are really trying to get good DJs (norman jay other week, joey ***** this week) i think i even heard them on radio 1 last friday night ! still not an exclusive club and still attracts chavs but guess thats price we have to pay at mo until someone gets some fashion police on doors !

republic/gatecrasher seems to have sold their soul, and totally after the cash and living off past glory rather then trying to lead the way in music as they have done in the past.

read a thread suggesting the leadmill, cant say id ever go to the leadmill for real clubbing night.

saying all of that i have heard the place under the ruby lounge is going to be converted into a new members only bar...we can only hope ! also the place on the end of eccy road (old wards brewary ) has supposidly got someone willing to open it as a bar !

oh i forgot...love to be at the adephi (i never thought i would step foot in that place) was brill the other week

come on sheffield wake up ! and provide a good night ! long gone are the days of bed, gatecrasher, rise and so forth !

Originally posted by Sass

Cheers!

Does anyone know anything about the Pinupclub at The Room/Fez club? What kind of place is it?

Hi,

Visit http://www.thepinupclub.com for some info

We have an amazing line up of guests coming up over the next few weeks including DJ's such a brian tappert (soulfuric / traxsource boss), Nic Fanciuilli (Radio One), MN2S tour, Denney (MixMag Future Hero), Groove Junkies (More House Records) to name just a few - we also co-promote events such as the up and coming bank holiday paaarty at GC1 with Masters at Work - see http://www.gatecrasher.com - dont miss this one

email us at guestlist@thepinupclub.com and I will send you some concession entry cards so you can come and see what we are about

Its a Friday Thang

Archived