Bad experience with Yell.com charging too much

a lot of company's use the we record conversation's for training purposes etc turn it back on them and keep phoning up and saying you are recording every conversation for your personal records,they won't like that,record all dates,times and the full name of the person you are talking to,until you get the result you want,and that you want to make a formal complaint of the origional pillock who caused all this......good luck:thumbsup:

I have now received a letter from Yell regretting they are not able to cancel my account because i have entered a contract. They have said that it was the email i sent back to them. The same email i was guaranteed was not a contract but just an email to let them know i was who i said i was. On this email it says order form not contract. They have not said anything about the fact that the salesman assured me this was not a contract and that there was in fact no contract at all and i had six weeks to cancel all of it. Every word this salesman has said to me was a lie and yet they still want me to pay £446.

I've written to them and phoned them loads of times but they insist i entered a contract with them. I can't see how since i was told there was definitely no contract and i've not signed anything. .

in which case i would write asking for a copy of the said contract as my solicitor wishes to view it, tell them that without a copy you will take it as they wish to end all or any agreements and give them 14 days to respond

should put the wind up them :hihi::thumbsup:

I was just about to launch a thread along similar lines to this when I found this. We've had exactly the same experience with Yell and they insist that we have a contract with them based on an email.

As far as I'm concerned there is no contract without a signature. They have no signature, no recording of a verbal agreement (which sounds like it's a bit dubious anyway but I've seen utility companies do this) and no credit card of bank account details which show an intention to pay for services. I can't see how such a 'contract' would stand up in court but like RB we're getting nowhere with telephone calls and they claim not to have received letters. What a bunch of crooks.

Trading standards next - so count me in for this email campaign!

Every time i email them now they just send me the same letter saying having investigated the issues you have raised i regret that i am unable to agree to any adjustments to your account.

There is not even a name on these letters i'm receiving from them so i could talk to them. All i keep doing now is emailing them at service@yellgroup.com There is no way i'm paying for this.

Archived