Bad experience with Yell.com charging too much

I work for my self as well and I have had some bad experiences with yell as well

they took 3 months payment in advance out of my bank and coursed me to go overdrawn, I was fuming mad at the time,they said the same to me about cancelling,I got absolutely nothing from advertising on yell on line,I had a web site done by them as well but they wanted £20 a month off me for what they called maintenance, I would never deal with them again they are nothing but rob dogs.

Thank you. I can't take credit for it though. My friend Paul at http://www.visioncreation.co.uk did it for me. I converted his van into a camper for him and i got a website and my van sign written in return:)

Lol flippin result matey!

Yes, YP now is a real skinny affair, about 30% of previous years. In a way a bit sad, think its been around as long as I have (40+ hehe) probably longer.

I blame Meadow Hall.

And that internet.

If yell are still going in 5 years time I'd be staggered. It's in it's death throes and I'm sure everyone in the company knows it. It used to be a feat to rip up a yellow pages. Even I could rip on up now, which says it all.

I agree, though 5 might be on the high side given the dodgy tactics they are having to resort to to get the few advertisers they are getting. What makes me laugh is when they go on about how they will guarentee high google rankings if you get a website from them, tell you Wee George McPlinky hosts his site with them then ask you to do a search on some daft stuff like "xylophone makers in outer shetland" then up pops Wee Georges site at number one so if you go with them then you'll be number one rank in google too. They must think we were born yesterday.

Con tricks and ensnarement into contracts based on lies as a matter of standard business practice are a sure sign a company is on it's way out. As far as yellow pages are concerned the sooner the better..

Apparently yell sold the yellow pages a few years ago to concentrate on online advertising, its a shame about yellow pages it used to be guaranteed busyness, I used to look forwards it coming out at one time,the last time I had an advert in the yellow pages the return did not cover the cost at all and yell on line is not much better, all I get from that is annoying canvasing calls.

I've found BT were pretty bad for constantly phoning me up and trying to get me to advertise with them. They started off the phone calls as if they were a customer wanting to get a quote then starting the sales pitch. I couldn't tell you if advertising with BT worked since i never took out an add though. I just stay well away from any company who tries to sell me advertising now.

I registered my phone with tps and it's really helped with cutting down on the cold calling:)

Archived