Do you believe in ghosts, mediums, ouija boards and all things spooky?

What does that have to do with anything?

I was going to ask the same thing.

But no, I don't fear death. It happens and will continue happening so long as there is life. It's natural. And I don't want to speak about it in a philosophical light but I think that there's complete nothingness after the lights switch out.

Any relatives should I cease to exist that come to visit my grave will do so purely to console their own feelings. Contrary to what the believers in life after death in my family might think, I won't even know that they've visited to put flowers down.

I explain it like this: I'm conscious right now so it is safe to say that I am aware. That I am aware, I can register things happening and therefore whatever I am registering happening exists. Death will negate that seeing as there'll be a lack of oxygen in my blood and the right neural activity in my brain to keep me aware. This of course means no consciousness for me when it happens = no registering things happening = nonexistent.

I did try to avoid being philosophical, but I believe I might have just underscored the thoughts of the existentialists...or is it solipsism? Either way, whatever. I certainly am not an egotist, but many existentialists/solipsists believe that they're consciousness is the centre of life, for in their beliefs, if they cease to register everything, then does it happen?... Food for thought.

Anyway, speaking of graves - if I have it my way I'll be cryogenically frozen. I'd love that. At least I'd die in the knowledge that just perhaps decades in the future there could be the right technological advancement to revive me. Am I living in sci-fi fantasy there? Well it's a lot better off IMO than burning your body to ashes, no? Or letting an expensive coffin made from vital trees to gradually rot with my chemical pumped body inside?

Anyway. I digress.

Yes i definately do after the experience my partner had the other day in our house when the message tone on his phone went off when it wasn't even switched on and a mans deep voice came on telling him to turn the football off and amongst other things as well that have happened like the remote flying off the chair arm when he was sat on the settee.

I can absolutely say there is no such thing as ghosts, poltergeists, god, magic, miracles, angels, spirits, sprites, fairies, santa, tooth fairy, easter bunny etc etc etc.

Also, fortune telling, Tarot, channelling, palm reading, mediums, pendulum'ists (?), ouiji boards are entirely based on every day understood principles such as cold / hot reading, leading, programming, etc, even if the con artist believes it themselves (transcendental point I think)

And you can forget reincarnation, possession and afterlife.

And while we're at it sitting under a triangle doesnt charge you up, crystals dont resonate your soul, reiki doesnt transfer magic energy, praying doesnt get heard and reflexology tickles. Sure some of these things feel nice, but so does a hot bath.

Aliens probably exist, meditation clears your thoughts and I dont fully understand how hypnosis works, but apart from that, I must live the most boring life ever.

... except that I live a real life to fullest I can, doing real things.

To little jimmy...

Basically people want to be able to believe that it'll all be all right after they die, that life doesn't stop.

I do agree with LVS, especially when hearing about why Martin Luther King split from the Catholic church. Because there was a rise in selling blessings to save souls of relatives who might have be sent to purgatory.

I think you'll find that it was plain old "Martin Luther".

I sat with a group of people a couple of weeks ago one of whom casually said he could see into other peoples lives or words to that effect.

There were 2 new peple, who were visiting me, in our group of which nothing could have been known to him.

My visiter was spellbound saying he told her things only she could have known. He definately mentioned a boys name to her young daughter which made her mouth drop open.

My visiter says he has changed her life givling her new hope for the future.

hazel

I sat with a group of people a couple of weeks ago one of whom casually said he could see into other peoples lives or words to that effect.

There were 2 new peple, who were visiting me, in our group of which nothing could have been known to him.

My visiter was spellbound saying he told her things only she could have known. He definately mentioned a boys name to her young daughter which made her mouth drop open.

My visiter says he has changed her life givling her new hope for the future.

hazel

It would seem that practically every other person on this thread has a personal story like this about a remarkably accurate medium who couldn't possibly have know the information they gave to whoever it was. Why aren't these mediums coming forward and making loads and loads of money from this?

It makes so little sense that the only people they can ever convince are those grieving for a loved one.

Encourage this medium to write to James Randi, he/she could make $1,000,0000 for about an hours work!

Archived