Pantry and Larder - What is the difference?

Originally posted by burnttoast

If they didnt use newspaper on the wybourn what on earth did they use:confused: the mind boggles.:loopy: Telegraph and stars wot we had...used to sit and read it first:loopy: :loopy::hihi: ooo is it cos they couldent read on Wybourn:heyhey:

Who said we didnt have newspaper,and you say you used to sit and read it first, that means you must have had a light in the loo.

you must have come from totley then

Originally posted by coyleys

Here's an interesting survey.

Those of you who had an outside loo, how many had a Guzunder,jerry, or what ever you called it

Back to the post-war council house where I grew up as a kid....

we had both an inside and an outside loo, only we called them toilets in them days.

The inside toilet had loo rolls (remember Izal paper.....ouch!), and the outside loo had cut up squares of newspaper. My sister and I used to cut the newspaper up, (usually the Daily Mirror)..... but only after we'd eaten our fish and chips from them first! :wink:

Originally posted by redrobbo

Back to the post-war council house where I grew up as a kid....

we had both an inside and an outside loo, only we called them toilets in them days.

The inside toilet had loo rolls (remember Izal paper.....ouch!), and the outside loo had cut up squares of newspaper. My sister and I used to cut the newspaper up, (usually the Daily Mirror)..... but only after we'd eaten our fish and chips from them first! :wink:

I remember Izal but didnt it use to come in little square boxes, my dad used to " acquire" it from work

Guest poppins

Here's an interesting survey.

Those of you who had an outside loo, how many had a Guzunder,jerry, or what ever you called it

Sure! we all had guzunders, Guzunder the bed, i still have my grandmothers to this day, don't use it of course, it's a full set, worth quite a bit now, must be over 100 years old now.

I remember Izal but didnt it use to come in little square boxes, my dad used to " acquire" it from work

Yes coyleys, you're right - Izal also came in little square boxes. We just had the ordinary loo roll type though - 'cos we weren't posh! :wink::heyhey:

Archived