Pantry and Larder - What is the difference?

A mate of mine lived down Brightside up to the 1960's.Their house had an outside loo and he told me few funny stories , concerning his visits.

Perhaps the funnies was that the main London-Scottish railway line used to pass , literally a few yards from where he'd be sitting. He said the noise was such that it was always easier to , "go" as the train went past !However much you thought you'd got used to it , it still scared the s**t out of you.

Guest poppins

On my Moms first visit to me in the US about 40 years ago, she went to the lav and pulled the cord in back of her and pulled the bathroom window shades down right on top of her, she thought it was a flush chain we had.

I lived in Heeley, but all we had was "at top of cellar head",

and God knows how we coped, we only had one plug in the kitchen, and our cooker was a hot plate so that used the only plug, there was only one plug in the room too, but I used to play my Dansette record player in there, but I never realised anyone was any differant, those Dansettes were pretty good

10 records all at once!That's living!!

Originally posted by viking

Does this bring back memories?

A 1960s Kitchen, which would have a Pantry.

Here

i have just put your house up for a 60min makeover lol(it needs a sixty yr makeover) let me know how you get on with claire sweeney.

Originally posted by Applegrim

I lived in Heeley, but all we had was "at top of cellar head",

and God knows how we coped, we only had one plug in the kitchen, and our cooker was a hot plate so that used the only plug, there was only one plug in the room too, but I used to play my Dansette record player in there, but I never realised anyone was any differant, those Dansettes were pretty good

10 records all at once!That's living!!

Hi it sounds just like our old house on Forster Rd & our outside loo & and the bath on a nail on the wall outside of the backdoor.Oh the good old days LOL

Guest poppins
Originally posted by viking

We like it, our other room is HERE

Viking, i just love that room, so English, does the TV work ?

Originally posted by nitelife40

my gran had a pantry. with a folding door that i got trapped behind and locked in many a time as a child . then her house was modernised and she went all posh calling it a larder !! ooh i say....:D

So i take it from that, that a pantry is an older saying than a larder?

Archived