Does anyone know anything about THE KNOLL mansion handsworth rd,Sheffield?

I would really appreciate it if anyone knew anything at all about The Knoll, an old mansion on Handsworth road sheffield. My father lived there with his little brother and my grandparents over 50 years ago. When they lived there it was divided into flats where they had an amazing childhood and I grew up hearing the amazing stories.

My uncle (my dads little brother) tragically died last week only 60 years of age which was totally unexpected. Me and my dad went there today to reflect, my dad returning there for the first time in 53 years. We were amazed it was still there but couldn't get any access to it whatsoever as a house is now built on the side and there is a bolted gate.

We know that this has been used for offices for various companies in the past few years. Is it still been used and if so by who?

I have also learned that it used to be a millitary house many years agoas well.

If anyone knows any history I would be greatful to know and wouldloveto find a way to get closer to the house as it would mean everything to my dad. Many thanks x

Again thanks for your interest in helping me, if it helps it is also just up from a kind of bridge where the railway line runds underneath it. That didn't used to be there and my dad said he used to be able to walk across the line from the house.So it is to the right of white rose pub

yes that's it! u clever person! the car park at the front used to be a beautiful sunken garden. Are you aware if it is being used at present and if so by whom? it was bolted up and looked out of nuse when i saw it but that could of been because it was bank holiday.

I used to work for Quaker on this site and the company transferred to Chichester in 1993. The house was used as offices and I had to walk across there from the laboratory in the factory. The interior was very attractive, with large rooms, high ceilings and most of the original mouldings and fireplaces. We did have a visit once from a couple of old ladies saying they had lived there as children, when it was all one house. I have no recollection of the dates they were referring to. I must say looking at the google image, the carpark and the outer areas in general look a little unkempt. The building was always well looked after when it was in the charge of Quaker.