Nawaab Indian Restaurant, West Street

bizzle

Went to the one in Hudd many times when I lived there. Expensive but worth it. At some point we`ll have to visit but our expectations are high!

I also have been to the one in Huddersfield many times and I have to say the food and service were excellent, it is a family run business so I don't know why the prices would be different in another area.

I also have been to the one in Huddersfield many times and I have to say the food and service were excellent, it is a family run business so I don't know why the prices would be different in another area.

Overheads.

Overheads.

Yes probably - but you would think that with it being family run they would charge the same across the board....swings and roundabouts!!!! but whatever I think it's worth the money.

Me and the wife went a few weeks ago. Won't be going back. Too Big and Uninviting. No Music being played. Basic Service & Basic Food. Didn't Think it was too pricey, but much prefer Sahibs or Aagraah.

mangla is good

And that's relevant to this thread because....? :huh:

Swami Dhyan and I went to Nawaab tonight.

Though the decor was pleasant and non-offensive, it was a touch bland and reminded me that we were in a chain restaurant (something I'm personally not a big fan of)

The service was pleasant and courteous. The food that we had was very nice. No complaints whatsoever here.

If I had to make one observation, it would be that the music was terrible/vile/annoying/delete as appropriate. It sounded more pseudo mexican/new age parisian supermarket music than authentic Indian.

Excellent peshwari nan though. Dare I say it...better than Akbars? :o:help:

Because I have been to a number of indian restaurants in Sheffield and have yet to find a good one IMHO (subjectivity etc applies). Akbars (have only been to the York one) is pretty good and is a chain.

Where are the authentic restaurants in Sheffield?

Zeenat at Attercliffe, The indian at Flouch, Shapla on the bottom of the moor, all good indian restaurants.......

Archived