Nawaab Indian Restaurant, West Street

bizzle

I thoroughly enjoyed myself last night...excellent lamb dish with Peshwari rice...and I ate every last morsel...a feat of some note for me in 40 odd years of being a curry lover.

The service was good and non intrusive...unlike the music...I concur with Stagey on that.

Granted, it's a tad expensive, however, IMHO it was worth every penny and I will be going back. :)

I would also recommend Kebabish on the Wicker...transport cafe style of decor but super cheapish curries.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Just had a delivery from here & it wasn't bad at all. £4.95 for a curry with bread or rice. The nan bread was poor, was like a supermarket one, but the curry was nice, better than I expected for the price & the roti wasn't bad. Not bad for the money they're charging for deliveries now.

• 1 month later...

This is my favourite Indian in the whole of sheffield and we used to order regularly when he lived in Heeley. Now we live at jordanthorpe, although on just eat it says the restaurant will deliver to us, last time we ordered it came but the delivery driver didn't half moan about bringing it here. It's a shame because its my favourite as I said. Does anyone know if nawaabs in dronfield is of any relation to the west street one? Also does the dronfield one deliver? X

its now called something like La Horre, i think the may have moved to Dronfield

You've jogged my memory....It's Lahore

http://www.lahoresheffield.co.uk/contact.html

I've not tried it yet, but I'm sure I'll give it a go at some stage.

Nawaab never seemed very busy whenever I went, although my own personal experience of the place was quite good. I'm sure I read somewhere that it is the same people who are opening the Nawaab at Dronfield.

Regards

Doom

We went on Saturday, the food was decent enough, but a pet hate of mine is waiting for the bill when I've finished.....We had to ask 3 times and eventually headed over to the bar to fetch it.

Late on a Saturday night when I've had a few beers and finished my meal I just want to get off home to bed, I don't want to be waiting another 30 minutes for someone to add up a few numbers.

Although we'll probably go back, it won't be anytime soon, just because of this issue.

Regards

Doom

Archived