No monitor (Had to use TV)

Built in Basic and Assembler

1995:

P133

16mb RAM

1.2gb HDD

4x CD ROM

14.4k Modem (!)

Lots of useless software (have since learnt to save hundreds buying directly from manufacturers/suppliers, or building myself, as opposed to paying retail prices which pretend to be a good deal offering lots of useless 'free' software)

Cost = £1100.

amiga 600 you could type stuff in and it said it in a sort of crap version of microsoft sam way but me and my friends used to giggle away when it said 'im stupid' and if we were feeling really daring stuff like 'gay'

Did anyone else have one of these great machines? if so i really want to know the name of the paint program you got with it cos its bugging me i cant remember. i used to go on it loads and could make really crap animations which seemed good at the time.

Originally posted by kittykat

Did anyone else have one of these great machines? if so i really want to know the name of the paint program you got with it cos its bugging me i cant remember. i used to go on it loads and could make really crap animations which seemed good at the time.

paint shop

Hull Mackam - that P120.. i think you mean 2GB ;):lol:

my timeline:

BBC Micro

Amiga 500

Amiga 500+

Amiga 1200

IBM 386

P120 (32mb, 1gb HDD, 28.8k) - this still works and is my backup!

Cyrix 233 (32mb, 8GB, 33k)

then back to the P120 :lol:

then a P4 1.4Ghz :)

my dad bought a ZX80, but neither him nor me could make head or tail of it.

My first computer was a BBC model B 32K. What a fantastic machine that was. Light years ahead of everything else. I high resolution display mode, a 16 colour display mode and more digital connectors than you could shake a stick at (not that we ever used them for anything apart from that stunning twin 5.25" FDD - God how that revolutionised Elite, you could now save your position reliably in a couple of seconds)

In the end my dad approriated it for word processing, which it continued to do until 1997 when, bizarrely, it started making a funny smell. My dad switched it off and unplugged it and phoned the computer shop (one that actually serviced them!).

WHile he was on the phone, the BBC suddenly started pouring smoke from every orifice. In the repair shop all the man could say was " That's impossible" over and over. Every single major chip (black rectangle) had a hole in it the size of a cigarette burn, and a corresponding sooty patch on the inside of the upper casing, directly above each chip. And it was unplugged at the time.

Its death was greatly mourned.

since:

1989 - Amiga 500

199? 486SX 33Mhz 8Mb 200MbHDD

1997 Pentium Pro MMX 200Mhz 32Mb Ram (21" Eizo Monitor!!)

1999 iMac RevB Bondi Blue 233Mhz 96Mb RAM 4GB HDD

2004 G5 17" Powerbook?

Commodore 16 - with the cassette tape

Couldnt make a lot of sense out of it

then had

Toshiba 386 Laptop

Toshiba P100 Laptop

Viglen P120 Desktop

Now

HP Pavilion 2.4ghz 40GB HD Desktop

Dell Latitude Laptop

Ipaq Handheld PC