What was your first computer?

John

Atari 2600

Commadore 64

Commadore Amiga 500

IBM 233mhz, Ram 8meg, Pentium P6 processor, with 600mb HDD.

Now:

Packard Bell 2.53 GHZ Pentium 4

80 BG HDD

512 Ram

All sorts of goodies and built in graphics cards (although I'm unsure which they are... should have read up on the spec).

We had a ZX80 at home - it was my Dad's. But my first computer of my own was an Amstrad, trying to remember the model name, PCW180? something like that.

It was basically just a word processor, or it was as far as I was concerned. With strange shaped floppy discs, green text on a black screen.

I typed my dissertation on it in 1988!

I dont know how much it was, I had it given second hand.

The printer was a dot matrix and very slow, it makes you really respect your laser printer when you remember those old ones

Originally posted by alchresearch

Remember that you can still relive the golden days by downloading a free emulator for your favourite machine.

If it's a Spectrum, I heartily recommend http://www.worldofspectrum.org for Spectrum emulators and games.

I've done this for the Amiga and C64 and found it tarnished my fond memories of these games I used to love.

Oooohhhhhh tekkies!!!

My first was a Spectrum 48k and not the rubber keyed one either!!!

I then graduated onto a Commodore 64, then that became an Amiga 600 which became a Pentium P75 pile of bobbins which in turn became a TIME AMD500, which in turn became a Satellite Laptop which became another TIME P3 1.2 which became an Emac (for 3 weeks) which finally morphed into a E-Machines 770 from good ol' PC World.

I am not listing the amount of games consoles I have owned (some of which I have owned two or three times over).

Archived