Mexican resturant

Isn't Mexican food all the same, just wrapped up differently?? Sorry. Las Iguanas is very good, somewhere near the end of West Street. There casava chips are gorgeous, and the cocktails are lovely, expecially the mojitos. Have eaten there 3 times. Great food and atmosphere.

provided there aren't any "very elderly people in there"

• 2 weeks later...

I agree Las Iguanas is really nice been there 3 or 4 times and always enjoyed it. Went K Pasa in Feb wasn't inpressed I'd heard good things but I have a feeling it's changed owners as it wasn't busy at all. The Decor was nice food was ok but nothing i'd want to eat again.

Viva Tequila is much better got a really lively atmosphere and food is good just not in best location if you want to be near town.

I would also like to find a good Mexican restaurant. Good Mexican food is actualy pretty good stuff, but in the UK you tend to just get variations of chicken wrapped in tortillas.

El Paso, is then best that I have found in Sheffield which, has a mix of Mexican and Italian (not as odd as it sounds, Mex food is based on Italian and Spanish cuisine).

Las Iguanas is Latin American food in general, when I went it seemed quite Brazil orientated. For general Latin American / Spanish food I would recommend Cubana on Trippet Lane.

Finally, a Spanish lesson: Decent Mexican fast food is available from Abuelo (not 'El Buelo'), which means Grandfather in Spanish. The one on Glossop road is K-Pasa, which is a fun way of writing Que Pasa (meaning What's Up?).

Archived