Men going topless in Public

Yes loads. More than you even. No need to take shirt off. Not in this country.

No reason not to take the shirt off if it's sunny either- unless you're sensitive to the prejudice and bigotry of saddos whos own lives are so shallow that they find pleasure in criticising others for doing something as natural as removing a shirt to catch the sun.

No, but you brag about it on here from time to time.

Talk, brag, it's such a narrow line.

A lot of people apparently disagree about wearing a shirt whilst doing indoor climbing. Me included, in this weather.

And, I'll just re-ask that question I posted earlier, cos no-one seems to have had a go at answering it ;)

If anyone can come up with a some decent rational reasons why I should cover up, then I am of course, ready to listen.

Actual reasoning based on rationality, rather than the prejudice and bigotry supplied thus far.

What, in the supermarket?

Well, we have this whole Victorian morality thing still going on, where we're ashamed of our bodies and stuff, so we like to keep as much flesh hidden as possible.

And if it's a hot day, you might drip sweat onto the apple I was going to buy and eat, and that would be pretty gross.

---------- Post added 15-07-2014 at 13:50 ----------

Yes loads. More than you even. No need to take shirt off. Not in this country.

The reason to take off the shirt is to reduce your body temp, obviously.

That, and all a cotton t-shirt is going to do is absorb sweat, smell a little, chafe and generally be uncomfortable.

If you don't need protection from the sun (which you don't doing indoor exercise) then a shirt isn't really required.

Blokes with no tops on - acceptable in the gym, swimming pool and beach - nowhere else !

Walking around the streets with no tops on...they just look sloven.

The majority covered in tattoo's, and either that skinny you can see their rib cage and could play a tune on it, or that fat their belly is hanging over the waistband of their trousers.

Some people have no pride............

Have to agree, fortunately most men have some decorum, and wouldn't dream of doing it.

What, in the supermarket?

Well, we have this whole Victorian morality thing still going on, where we're ashamed of our bodies and stuff, so we like to keep as much flesh hidden as possible.

And if it's a hot day, you might drip sweat onto the apple I was going to buy and eat, and that would be pretty gross.

No- the anti-shirtless crew have been moaning about toplessness in the streets and various other places.

Personally I put a shirt on in the supermarket, purely cos I know they have an irrational policy against shirtless men- I just don't want any unecessary hassle- I put a shirt on when I go in, and take it right off when I leave.

I don't sweat on apples- the only time I'm going to sweat is if I'm actually exerting myself. Possibly the fact that I'm quite sensible and take my shirt off if it's really hot, thus making myself cooler, helps with that? :)

---------- Post added 15-07-2014 at 14:08 ----------

Have to agree, fortunately most men have some decorum, and wouldn't dream of doing it.

Ah, Janies arrived- fantastic ;)

Perhaps you'd like to have a go at my question?

Originally Posted by onewheeldave

If anyone can come up with a some decent rational reasons why I should cover up, then I am of course, ready to listen.

Actual reasoning based on rationality, rather than the prejudice and bigotry supplied thus far.

Edited by onewheeldave

noun

behaviour in keeping with good taste and propriety.

But that's circular, now I have to define "good taste", which is subjective, and propriety.

noun

conformity to conventionally accepted standards of behaviour or morals.

So this is an argument that it's immoral to be shirtless in public... Except on the beach, or in other specific situations.

I can't see much morality involved in how much clothing we wear personally. it should be more a matter of utility. It's our Victorian hangover that's the cause of such thoughts.

Perhaps you'd like to have a go at my question?

Originally Posted by onewheeldave

But that's circular, now I have to define "good taste", which is subjective, and propriety.

So this is an argument that it's immoral to be shirtless in public... Except on the beach, or in other specific situations.

I can't see much morality involved in how much clothing we wear personally. it should be more a matter of utility. It's our Victorian hangover that's the cause of such thoughts.

If it was up to some of you liberal exhibitionists with your let it all hang out attitude, more of us of all ages and shapes and sizes would be walking around half naked in public, what a dreadful sight that would be.

Thank goodness for the Victorian hangover If that's the reason most of us still have some dignity.