Men going topless in Public

i'd be interested to find out the age, sex, origin (county/estate) and upbringing of everyone who has posted passionate views on this topic.

as it happens i'm very liberal and believe that people should be able to do anything within reason, as long as it causes no harm to other people. i believe that people's upbringing determine how they view such subjects and by all means there is nothing wrong with this, my main objection is when their views are forced upon other people. furthermore, if anyone objects, they have 'clearly' had a poor upbringing! in my mind it is ignorant and arrogant of a person to believe that their opinion is totally right!

soapbox being put away now...

I think a lot of people just act offended because they think they should be, and people will think badly of them if they are not.

The fear of being judged to be common is too big a risk.

I can't stand it when blokes do that. There's no need.

Even when they walk round town there's no need. They're just posers. And it's always the chav's / scallies that do it for some reason.

I wouldn't do it here...maybe on holiday but not round Sheff.

I can't stand it when blokes do that. There's no need.

Even when they walk round town there's no need. They're just posers. And it's always the chav's / scallies that do it for some reason.

I wouldn't do it here...maybe on holiday but not round Sheff.

Spot-on!

It's just downright common - simple bad manners.

Just because going topless is acceptable on a beach, does not mean it is acceptable in a city supermarket. It's acceptable for models to effectively pose naked on a catwalk - doesn't mean it's ok for them to walk to that assignment undressed :rolleyes: There's a time and a place.

I'm convinced this thread is a big wind-up..... No-one wants to see sweaty, semi-naked chavs when they're food shopping! :gag: :gag:

It's a question of aesthetics and good taste, not Victorian values! :o:hihi:

StarSparkle :)

In weather like this I sweat on my face more than any where else, perhaps I should cover my face up when I go shopping? Further more, if I was to just wear the sleeves of a long sleeved shirt but have a bare back and chest would this be acceptable? I don't really get a sweaty back or chest. Come to think of it, I could probably get away with wearing speedos instead of regular shorts.

Now that would look odd.