HackerSpace

just_words

Right, to start off with this thread isn't about cracking (black hat hacking).

I've seen people talking about starting gaming clans. After coming across a video on irongeek.com, (see here). I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in the notion of starting / joining a (SF) HackerSpace organisation, maybe totally independent of SF (for legal reasons, their decision, until it becomes a physical space, etc... to be discussed).

There's a list of existing HackerSpace's here to see what it's all about.

There's numerous reasons for Sheffield, it's communities and the nation as a whole that I think could be beneficial.

I already have one (sort of) that's me and a few m8s, have been thinking about expanding it a bit and opening it up, but cause we don't have any set sites or meeting places we usually do it at my place, or a friends..

we havent met up in a while though but yeah, drop me a pm i'd be interested.

It's on the news that MI5 is advertising for the position of Q to make all sorts of gadgets.

That's what a hackerspace is, it's where people with different skills and knowledge work together on projects they wouldn't be able to achieve on their own.

Got something you've always wanted to do, it could be our next project!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

this thread seems dead but i am very interested in starting a sheffield hackerspace. I've been thinking of starting one up for a while but not knowing where to start. I read MAKE: magazine and i just wish there were as many Hackerspaces / makerspaces in the uk as there are in the us. get back to me if ur still interested

• 4 years later...

Archived