Rockingham Arms in Wentworth

punctualP

Warning to anyone thinking of going there for a meal.

On Easter Monday, My son, his wife and children went there. When the meals came, the fish was full of bones and the chicken wasn't cooked - it was still pink in the middle. The meals were taken straight back and a refund obtained. I have also heard from friends who have had a similar experience there.

Warning to anyone thinking of going there for a meal.

On Easter Monday, My son, his wife and children went there. When the meals came, the fish was full of bones and the chicken wasn't cooked - it was still pink in the middle. The meals were taken straight back and a refund obtained. I have also heard from friends who have had a similar experience there.

Have the management responded to your official letter of complaint or might I be right in guessing you haven't even told them of your dissatisfaction (other than obtaining a refund) instead opting to diss the place on here?

Have the management responded to your official letter of complaint or might I be right in guessing you haven't even told them of your dissatisfaction (other than obtaining a refund) instead opting to diss the place on here?

That is unfair.

The management of any establishment who make a mess of the customer's order should not need a letter to be aware of it even if they were not there at the time.

If I got food like that I would consider it fair to post it on here and advise against using the place. More so given the OP has heard of people with the same problem.

The only thing I find wrong with the OP is that on hearing of food like that I would not have gone in the first place.

Pity really as the rock always used to be very good.

My argument is not a defence of the standard of food available at the Rockingham Arms but that if the management is not made fully aware of the customer's dissatisfaction then how are they supposed to do anything about it?

By all means, tell us on here but I firmly believe contact with any pub or business should be made to register the fact that you simply aren't happy with their service and/or products.

The old saying sums it up: "If you like what we do, tell others; if you don't, tell us."

I find it very sad that there are many instances of posts being made with the sole intention of helping other forum members, and then someone comes along with a negative reply with the sole intention of finding fault with the post, which helps no-one.

I find it very sad that there are many instances of posts being made with the sole intention of helping other forum members, and then someone comes along with a negative reply with the sole intention of finding fault with the post, which helps no-one.

Except you're not actually helping anyone, you're just having a bit of a misdirected rant. From your post it sounds like you weren't even there, so quite why you've got your knickers in a twist about this pub is baffling.

You wouldn't perhaps be a landlord or employee of a nearby hostelry trying to drum up business by making unfounded accusations about your rivals, perchance? :rolleyes:

Archived