Wednesday Old Boy Nigel Worthington and Norwich

Saw Norwich this afternoon and if that is a team that he could put together they deserve to be relegated. I have great respect for Nigel Worthington and usually defenders are stronger at putting a defensive side together than attacking.

I know that he has not had much money to throw around but to go down by such a large amount is shocking.

Originally posted by desy

Saw Norwich this afternoon and if that is a team that he could put together they deserve to be relegated. I have great respect for Nigel Worthington and usually defenders are stronger at putting a defensive side together than attacking.

I know that he has not had much money to throw around but to go down by such a large amount is shocking.

but they had to go for at least a draw though....

but that apart, they do have the word defensive record in the league

thats right, completley ignore the great attacking flowing play we've played this season that many pundits have expressed their affection for - instead go for our defence which was one of the best in the football league - we've just not had the finances to improve it to premier league standard.

The problem is the strikers in the Championship are not as good as the top strikers in the Premiership,most of the top strikers play against the best in Europe playing against the best defenders & while Ashton is a top striker & maybe a couple of other players could hack it in the top league,like you said the defence was very poor, they gave up yesterday against an average Fulham team who did not finish far from Norwich's postion up the league.I feel for all the teams that have fought relegation having gone through it ourselves in the last minute against Chelseas & I hate Mark Stein.UP THE BLADES

Archived