School says no flavoured drinks - water only for children

Hi my child attends the same school i believe. I agree that kids should'nt be havin fizzy or energy drinks for school but as for pure,cordial or flavoured water i can't really see what the issue is. By the way my child will drink & does drink plenty of water. The staff have been pouring the contents into beakers & smelling to see wether it is flavoured water :loopy: whats all that about?

That's wrong!

If my boss stuck his bent nose in my tuppaware sarnie box.

I'd ram my chicken drumsticks right up his nostrils.

Seriously though,it must be wrong for the teachers to test the kiddies drinks?

Human rights n all that.

They are effectively saying they don't trust the parents.

You know what makes me laugh?

People complain about the decline of education and the lack of discipline in schools these days. It's got very little to do with the teachers - is the best way to teach your children to listen to the rules at school really to say you think they're rubbish, here's a way to cheat the system, or tell them to just ignore it?

Particularly around the ages of 7-11 when they're developing a sense of boundaries in the wider world.

I actually made a point a while ago here about what causes the problems in discipline at schools, and I think one of the major problems is a growing group mentality that parents can over-rule the school. Maybe technically you can, and there are times when the school is actually in the wrong, but in most cases, you should be backing up the school, not working against it.

I'd understand if they'd brought in a rule which actually made a difference, but to kick up such a fuss about being told to only drink water, when there's millions of children dying from lack of clean drinking water is a poor example to set, I would say.

People like you.

My daughter is not ill-disciplined and is actually on course to get well over the average marks in her SATS. Quite recently we were told that if she could attain a level 6 in mathematics she would. She is well behaved and has never been in trouble at school. I have never once commented on the decline of education and actually am very pleased with the level of education my child has received at this particular school. I have also never made any comments about the teachers at the school and again am very pleased with their efforts.

The fact is she does not like water. She is being punished and will not drink anything at all in school if she is not allowed to drink water with a splash - which I don't think is unreasonable. I'd like to see you force feed something that you dislike - I'm sure you wouldn't see this as ill-disciplined but merely your rights as a human being.

Obviously if we were in a third world country I would not be kicking up a fuss but the fact that children across the city have been drinking juice for god knows how many years without harm I fail to see why this needs to be changed now.

I generally do work with the school but on this occasion they are wrong and have no substance to back up their decision. My daughter is not unruly because she has 2.6g of sugar in her 250ml of juice per day - it is not disrupting her day and she is not struggling with her work.

I fail to see your points and do not like the fact that you assume I generally go against rules. I teach my children good discipline but also teach them right from wrong and in this instance the school is wrong.

the school cannont stop you, if they do theyre surely breaking the law.

We definitely had a letter home a couple of years ago now saying that this would only be allowed under exceptional circumstances and that all pupils must remain in school unless given express permission by the head.

People like you.

My daughter is not ill-disciplined and is actually on course to get well over the average marks in her SATS. Quite recently we were told that if she could attain a level 6 in mathematics she would. She is well behaved and has never been in trouble at school. I have never once commented on the decline of education and actually am very pleased with the level of education my child has received at this particular school. I have also never made any comments about the teachers at the school and again am very pleased with their efforts.

The fact is she does not like water. She is being punished and will not drink anything at all in school if she is not allowed to drink water with a splash - which I don't think is unreasonable. I'd like to see you force feed something that you dislike - I'm sure you wouldn't see this as ill-disciplined but merely your rights as a human being.

Obviously if we were in a third world country I would not be kicking up a fuss but the fact that children across the city have been drinking juice for god knows how many years without harm I fail to see why this needs to be changed now.

I generally do work with the school but on this occasion they are wrong and have no substance to back up their decision. My daughter is not unruly because she has 2.6g of sugar in her 250ml of juice per day - it is not disrupting her day and she is not struggling with her work.

I fail to see your points and do not like the fact that you assume I generally go against rules. I teach my children good discipline but also teach them right from wrong and in this instance the school is wrong.

Ah! you should have said in the first place that you wanted everyone to congratulate you with a pat on the back.

There are some who agree...and some that don't..live with it!

Ah! you should have said in the first place that you wanted everyone to congratulate you with a pat on the back.

There are some who agree...and some that don't..live with it!

Missing the point again Alien nowt new there then.

Don't want a pat on the back just putting people right on the fact that doesn't drink water does not equal ill-disciplined and stupid. :loopy:

Again as stated previously it must be nice to like everything in the world and not have dislikes at all. My daughter has not been brought up to be fussy but merely dislikes the taste of water. She will not drink water and gips if forced. I do not undermine the discipline at the school and have actually backed them in a lot of the rubbish ideas they have had but this is a step too far. Particularly as my daughter will now go from 8.30am to 3.30pm without a drink. I bet the teachers will still be drinking tea and coffee on their breaks.

Some staff drink more at this school......search for the thread SCHOOLS IN SPECIAL MEASURES...think this the same school isnt it ? But as stated no one stands up to them and when a simple teaching assisant suddenley becomes the heads personel then come on

Archived