School says no flavoured drinks - water only for children

When did I put that I would send her with juice and lie. My daughter will be going to school with juice and if anyone asks her she will say it is juice because she cannot drink water. I have told the learning mentor and asked her to pass it on to the head teacher that my daughter will continue to bring juice to school. I do not expect the school to change the rules just for my daughter but merely offer alternatives to parents who cannot give their children pure water to drink. Thanks for the concerns and I do appreciate that you are not getting at me. I would never knowingly undermine my child's school and do try and see the schools point of view and enforce it wherever possible. But I have to say on this one they are wrong especially when they are still promoting that it is ok to bring in chocolate and crisps. The last time I looked the latter two items are not healthy options. My child takes neither of these to school.

With respect that's nonsense - there's no such thing as parents who cannot give their children pure water to drink, just parents who choose not to.

With respect that's nonsense - there's no such thing as parents who cannot give their children pure water to drink, just parents who choose not to.

You obviously only read what you want to so there is no point in coming on to a thread that is open to discussion. I will say once more my daughter cannot drink water on its own without being sick. Unless you are a doctor and have a cure for this I suggest we move on.

I just don't like it, I don't find it refreshing at all. I'm not sure why. I guess I don't know why I don't like kidney beans either, I just don't like the taste. Its the same principal really.

Not really, without water you die, without kidney beans, well, nothing happens.

You obviously only read what you want to so there is no point in coming on to a thread that is open to discussion. I will say once more my daughter cannot drink water on its own without being sick. Unless you are a doctor and have a cure for this I suggest we move on.

If you have notes from a Doctor to confirm that this is the case, send them to the school, end of problem.

What's the name of your daughters condition by the way?

How did you manage to miss out that incredibly relevant bit of information in your OP?

There is a large difference from

My daughter point blank refuses to drink water on its own

and

edit: Obviously if she has a condition which means she is sick when she drinks water, and doctors notes to back her up, then the school are being negligent, I don't think many would disagree.

If you have notes from a Doctor to confirm that this is the case, send them to the school, end of problem.

What's the name of your daughters condition by the way?

Why do you have a cure for her?

Don't worry already got the notes covered didn't need your help with that or anything else come to that. :loopy:

I rode across a Pelican crossing on my cycle.

It was naughty,i broke a rule/law or whatever you wanna dress it up as.

If your boss told you he was bringing in a new rule which required you to sniff his toes on a Friday,would you comply?

and your not going to start moaning when you do get caught?

of course you are thats your thing.

How did you manage to miss out that incredibly relevant bit of information in your OP?

There is a large difference from

and

Because the fact that she refuses to drink water is the main problem as I see it. Her medical condition has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone but us. I merely wanted opinions on whether other parents had experienced this or not. Would you like to put all your medical ailments on an open forum???? Thought not.

Archived