School says no flavoured drinks - water only for children

No dear I was merely saying that when she realises its water by the taste it makes her vomit. Remember that words on a screen can be taken anyway you wish to interpret and seen as you like to pick up every little detail I suggest you become a proof reader and talk about something you know and care about.

bathtime must be fun in your house then?

I`m just curious, is it really a medical condition?

I mean, the taste of certain things make me puke(ie:cheese pie, fresh tomatoes amongst other things)but its not a medical condition, it just means I don`t like em.

On the other side of the argument I do think its daft that kids arn`t allowed juice, or even flavoured water. The rule has been enforced at my kids school for the last couple of years.

Yeah like I've said previously it is to do with her medical condition and wouldn't lie about it. I wouldn't offer to take medical proof to school either if I couldn't. I know what you mean about not liking stuff and it making you puke mines sprouts.

It certainly is daft seeing as they are sending letters saying they will allow crisps and chocolate in lunch boxes.

Read my earlier post about brussel sprouts. I'm sorry you never cottoned on to the mash trick but my daughter is due to turn 11 in July and is slightly more wise to the world than this and as the taste of water makes her vomit I fail to see how putting it in a different container is going to help. Thanks for your suggestion but seeing as how I have had her for nearly 11 years I think I know what I am talking about and doing.

I was trying to be fairly light hearted. No need to apologise about the mash trick, quite like the stuff now. Maybe when she reads in cosmo in a couple of years that water will give her lovely clean skin, a glow , and all the rest , she may give it a shot ! just to clarify i am being light hearted as sense of humour seems to be lacking on this thread !!

I was trying to be fairly light hearted. No need to apologise about the mash trick, quite like the stuff now. Maybe when she reads in cosmo in a couple of years that water will give her lovely clean skin, a glow , and all the rest , she may give it a shot ! just to clarify i am being light hearted as sense of humour seems to be lacking on this thread !!

Thanks I agree. Some people need to take a step back. This is my daughter we're talking about and if school think that I'm sending her with a bottle of water to puke everyday they can toddle. I sincerely hope that she is able to drink in future we shall see.

I never got over the brussel sprout trick thob:gag:. Some parents :hihi:

when I was a kid I used to puke when I had smokey bacon crisp, told eveyone I was alergic, just cos I wanted the cheese n onion ones!:suspect:

Great trick I'll try that next time my OH makes me eat the worcester sauce flavour at the bottom of the bag :hihi:

when I was a kid I used to puke when I had smokey bacon crisp, told eveyone I was alergic, just cos I wanted the cheese n onion ones!:suspect:

Mine was peas. I used to even want to like them because people looked like they were enjoying them but they truly made me throw up. No matter how much I was made to eat them. :gag:

I eat them now but only if I have made them and boiled them for hours.

Archived