School says no flavoured drinks - water only for children

i dont like drinking water on its own either & neither does my niece. my nieces school also has a no pop rule which i think is stupid especially as my nieces point blank refuses to drink water, she has gone all day without drinking because the school took her drink off of her. my sister sends my niece to school with something like volvic touch of fruit but in a normal volvic bottle.

I'm guessing here but I expect the sugar in the drink sends some kids doo lally. In order to stop the tiny handful who experience this problem, they'll have done a sweeping rule to cover all kids so nobody is singled out.

Try your young un with sparkling water. It's still only water but a bit more exciting than the plan tap stuff.

When I think there are people in the world, in fact a LOT of people, who don't even have water to drink... and here some "can't" drink water.... i don't know, that makes me sick.

Appart from that point, well, I guess that they want to reduce obesity by raising awareness among children that sugary drinks are not good for the one's health and weight.

Whether it is right or wrong for them to decide something which I agree is completely a personal choice... I think they should let people live their life!!

They should give a reason. And I don't mean just 'it's for health reasons'. I'm all for schools stopping serving crappy junk food but this seems a step too far. Mind you, is it a total ban on the premises, or just in certain areas? The college where I worked, we banned anything but water being drunk outside of the canteen area. This was due to the huge number of spills of sticky, messy drinks our staff had to constantly clean up, not to mention furniture, carpets and equipment being ruined by such spillages. The college was a nicer environment once we began to enforce that rule. You sure the school aren't just doing that?

my sons school have the same policy and my lad will not drink water.

I buy him flavoured water or capri sun (which is also clear) put it in his water bottle and no one any different.

although if they ever ask I will tell them its flavoured water.

you could try that or just tell them to mind their own business .

Many of the problems in schools today are caused by parents who are prepared to make a fuss about anything that their little darlings don't like. If my child came home with such a note I would just say "drink water then". Mind you, my children haven't been brought up to be fussy, and we wouldn't dream of attacking the views of the school in front of them as this simply undermines discipline.

When I think there are people in the world, in fact a LOT of people, who don't even have water to drink... and here some "can't" drink water.... i don't know, that makes me sick.

Appart from that point, well, I guess that they want to reduce obesity by raising awareness among children that sugary drinks are not good for the one's health and weight.

Whether it is right or wrong for them to decide something which I agree is completely a personal choice... I think they should let people live their life!!

People have choice here to drink what they like and dont have to be told to do it

called freedom of choice

You would think it appropriate if your child went to the same school as mine. This is not the only ridiculous rules they have imposed recently but the one that broke the camels back. I definitely draw the line at my daughter dehydrating at school.

You know, it's been quite a while that I've lost faith in schools, that's why I'm strongly considering homeschooling mine.

I don't come from England, and what is going on in a lot of schools here are for me unacceptable.

Archived