School says no flavoured drinks - water only for children

If you were given a substance to drink that made you vomit are you telling me you would choose it just because someone said you should?

if it was anything other than water cluffy, i would agree with you :)

but its water!

does your child drink the water willingly and then vomit?

or create a fuss before drinking the water...and then vomit?

There was never a problem I merely asked if this was happening elsewhere in Sheffield and what other peoples thoughts were :rolleyes:

I know but in order to discuss this further in terms of debating whether it's acceptable people are going to ask why your daughter can't drink water as part of working though wether this is acceptable or not to them and to that you can either be defensive or give the facts. By the same token I might have asked if you'd got medical advise and relayed this to the school without assuming you'd not done so :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plain Talker

So, she's quite happy to drink it and not be sick, if she doesn't realise it's water?

It's not a medical condition, at all. If anything, it MAY be a psychological condition, IMO:- either that or darling daughter is simply yanking your chain, good-style. (which is what I'd lay odds-on it being)

If DD can drink water if it has a splash of fruit squash in it, then she's not got a medical problem, at all, because it's still simply water but with a bit of flavour added. So that argument goes straight out of the window, I'm afraid.

It's like saying "I'm allergic to milk, but not to milk-shakes" or "I'm allergic to boiled potatoes, but I can eat chips..."

When I was a child, when I or my sister clamoured for a drink of "pop", my mother would, very firmly say "No, get a glass of water:- water's what makes the lions roar!" and that was the end of that. We had water, or "Lump-it". We weren't allowed to "Gaffer" my mum and dad, my mum and dad "Gaffered" us.

Nowhere on this post have I claimed my daughter is allergic to water so yet again someone else who posts utter rubbish just to join in the debate. After having a medical problem my daughter is unable to drink plain water. Not really bothered about your childhood to be honest this was a thread about what people thought about the ruling not a trip down your memory lane.

It seems you're not really interested about anyone's opinion unless it's in agreement with your own.

I agree with PT, your daughter is definitely yanking your chain.

As for the ruling, I totally agree with the school.

I had an ex-girlfriend who was allergic to plain tap water. She would drink it and get a rash. It was something in the water as opposed to the dihydrogen monoxide itself because Brita water filters got rid of the allergen, but plain ol' tap water was off the menu.

While there is a medical reason excepting da OP's daughter, for the other kids this is one of those like it or lump it rules. When my mum was at school the heating once broke and her form teacher gave each child in the class six of the best to warm them up; being told "water only" isn't anything like that!

Mummy Mummy buy me a helicopter, if I use a bus I will be sick all over, and it's a proven medical condition, honest.

And I'll join you:-Thqueeem and thqueem until I'm sick if I don't get an Aston Martin, because i have a medical condition that means I can't use the train ;)

I had a "medical" condition that meant I could not eat cabbage. I'd be sick if I ate it well, tell a lie, I threatened to be sick if I ate it... My mum cured it:- I got a dose of thick ear from her.

Cabbage goes down well on the menu these days.

I had an ex-girlfriend who was allergic to plain tap water. She would drink it and get a rash. It was something in the water as opposed to the dihydrogen monoxide itself because Brita water filters got rid of the allergen, but plain ol' tap water was off the menu.

While there is a medical reason excepting da OP's daughter, for the other kids this is one of those like it or lump it rules. When my mum was at school the heating once broke and her form teacher gave each child in the class six of the best to warm them up; being told "water only" isn't anything like that!

brita filters or generic filters are not that dear these days, and the charcoal thing does filter out the impurities. However, for taste, I don't think there's water anywhere which tastes as nice as Sheffield water, even before it is filtered.

brita filters or generic filters are not that dear these days, and the charcoal thing does filter out the impurities. However, for taste, I don't think there's water anywhere which tastes as nice as Sheffield water, even before it is filtered.

Oooh I think it depends where you go, I live in Millhouses/Ecclesall area and the water up that side tastes lovely but is foul even at the bottom of Ecclesall Road :gag:

the water down here at attercliffe taste absolutley disgusting.

I had a "medical" condition that meant I could not eat cabbage. I'd be sick if I ate it well, tell a lie, I threatened to be sick if I ate it... My mum cured it:- I got a dose of thick ear from her.

Cabbage goes down well on the menu these days.

Best post on this thread so far.. :thumbsup:

Sorry, just had to laugh.. Exactly what happened in our house :hihi:

Archived