School says no flavoured drinks - water only for children

Why has this girls medical condition only just come to life,I thought schools had to be made aware of any medical condition on starting school,Did the mum not inform them when she started school or has the condition suddenly and conveniantly come on.

No...it conveniently came on halfway through the thread..:D

Whats wrong with flavoured water or low sugar drinks?

You'll not be asking that when the great depression of 2009 - kicks in following whats likely to be a pigs ear of a budget and it's all we can afford to drink.

Good tap water and bottled water do not taste of anything at all thus to not like it is phycological and perhaps if you used to have brown water coming out of your taps it is understandable but that sounds a bit extreme! Did you live in Africa?

my sons school have said no to fizzy drinks and dilute pops and fruit juices and even flavoured water. also they are not allowed to bring any unhealthy things in lunch boxes i.e sausage rolls, biscuits, crisps, cakes, buns, pasties, pastrys, scotch eggs. also sandwich filling has been restricted too they seem to monitor how many times the kids go to school with fillings such as nuttella, jam, peanut butter etc etc. but at break time they have a snack shop thing where the kids can buy things and on that stall they have capri sun sachet drink things the orange and blackcurrant versions :huh:

it doesnt make any sense but weve just had to live with it im afraid its rubbish that these measures have been taken but what can you really do about it?

You'll not be asking that when the great depression of 2009 - kicks in following whats likely to be a pigs ear of a budget and it's all we can afford to drink.

Good tap water and bottled water do not taste of anything at all thus to not like it is phycological and perhaps if you used to have brown water coming out of your taps it is understandable but that sounds a bit extreme! Did you live in Africa?

No, Council housing, I remember being dragged into the eggbox as a child and my mum going crackers at some random woman over it all.

And fruit juice isn't as expensive as some might think... get some fruit, a blender if you have one, some ice, et voila! Mmm, strawberry and banana....

No, Council housing, I remember being dragged into the eggbox as a child and my mum going crackers at some random woman over it all.

And fruit juice isn't as expensive as some might think... get some fruit, a blender if you have one, some ice, et voila! Mmm, strawberry and banana....

That eggbox building was mad inside. Been a couple of times myself. Your proposal for fruit juice is quite an expensive one to be fair. Mind you I've got 13 strawberry plants growing off a raised planter so maybe not but there wasa £20 outlay for that given the planter in a nice poncy one and I missed the free strawberry plants bandwaggon. Alas I'm drifting off topic!

they seem to monitor how many times the kids go to school with fillings such as nuttella, jam, peanut butter etc etc. but at break time they have a snack shop thing where the kids can buy things and on that stall they have capri sun sachet drink things the orange and blackcurrant versions :huh:

That sounds like a rather vile attempt at making money to be honest!

That sounds like a rather vile attempt at making money to be honest!

i think so too but not an awful lot we can do really i mentioned this to the head master and was told they were healthy and had been approved (by who i dont know). and basicly it was his school his rules.

Archived