School says no flavoured drinks - water only for children

When I think there are people in the world, in fact a LOT of people, who don't even have water to drink... and here some "can't" drink water.... i don't know, that makes me sick.

Appart from that point, well, I guess that they want to reduce obesity by raising awareness among children that sugary drinks are not good for the one's health and weight.

Whether it is right or wrong for them to decide something which I agree is completely a personal choice... I think they should let people live their life!!

So you're telling me that you eat and drink everything in the world and do not have a dislike for anything. Well if that is the case lucky you. Yes I know that there are people in the world starving and so on and so forth however this is not the case in this country and if it were I would not be complaining but as it is I do not see that there is anything wrong with flavouring a substance to make it likeable. If this thread makes you so sick don't read it go somewhere else and annoy other people. :loopy:

Many of the problems in schools today are caused by parents who are prepared to make a fuss about anything that their little darlings don't like. If my child came home with such a note I would just say "drink water then". Mind you, my children haven't been brought up to be fussy, and we wouldn't dream of attacking the views of the school in front of them as this simply undermines discipline.

I totally agree that we are living in a century where kids are little kings. In my days (and I'm in my twenties), if a teacher would punish me and my parents find out, they would punish me as well (probably would receive a good slap).

Nowadays teachers must be SO careful about they say to "our little angels".

Lol.

Sounds like 10 year-old children are ruling the roost in some houses.

You're telling me! If they can't be made to drink water, then what happens when they demand a playstation? Perhaps no child should be made to use a type of games console they don't like.

So you're telling me that you eat and drink everything in the world and do not have a dislike for anything. Well if that is the case lucky you. Yes I know that there are people in the world starving and so on and so forth however this is not the case in this country and if it were I would not be complaining but as it is I do not see that there is anything wrong with flavouring a substance to make it likeable. If this thread makes you so sick don't read it go somewhere else and annoy other people. :loopy:

If u had told me they force kids to eat a certain food at the cantine, I would 100% support your sayings, but come on, water!!! It's bloody tasteless, plus it's the only drink that really quenches thirst.

Look, I've just only started posting on the forum which I really like by the way, and don't want starting making enemies here :hihi:

My opinion only engages myself (trying to translate a french proverb in english, doesnt sound right but u will understand)...

Many of the problems in schools today are caused by parents who are prepared to make a fuss about anything that their little darlings don't like. If my child came home with such a note I would just say "drink water then". Mind you, my children haven't been brought up to be fussy, and we wouldn't dream of attacking the views of the school in front of them as this simply undermines discipline.

Again as stated previously it must be nice to like everything in the world and not have dislikes at all. My daughter has not been brought up to be fussy but merely dislikes the taste of water. She will not drink water and gips if forced. I do not undermine the discipline at the school and have actually backed them in a lot of the rubbish ideas they have had but this is a step too far. Particularly as my daughter will now go from 8.30am to 3.30pm without a drink. I bet the teachers will still be drinking tea and coffee on their breaks.

Its probably the e-numbers etc theyre bothered about. Send some children crazy. You're kid will drink water if she's thirsty and there's no other option. Its a survival instinct. She'll get used to it. Live by the rules or change schools I reckon.

Archived