School says no flavoured drinks - water only for children

Where oh where did I say I don't drink water at all.. I don't drink water "on its own" meaning plain water, because I don't like it.

How dare you insinuate I have psychological problems just because I don't like the taste of something?

I've never liked the taste of water, indeed, I would be a brat and gip because I didn't like the taste. Maybe thats because where we lived the water was actually horrible from the taps, kind of a brown colour sometimes :gag: And I still don't drink PLAIN water, I subsitute it with healthy alternatives.

All I'm saying is I sympathise with the OP's daughter, and I think the school is being far too authoritarian. Whats wrong with flavoured water or low sugar drinks?

Yep, like I said, it's a psychological problem!

When I want your advice I'll ask for it.

In the meantime I'm really glad your not my parent. I had a dad like you in the 70s and he was that mean he put brussel sprouts in the fridge from teatime and served them up for me to eat for breakfast the next day. His theory was if I was hungry enough I'd eat them. Suffice to say they could still be sat in the fridge to this day for all I care and for your information I haven't touched sprouts since. So your theories don't work Einstein.

I'm glad i have parents like yours! I was brought up to eat everything that was put in front of me - if i didn't i went hungry. When i was young i didn't like everything, but eventually you grow out of it. This is in stark contrast to my girlfriend, who was a fussy eater as a child and her parents pandered to this. Now she likes very little foods and will not dare try something new. Safe to say we rarely go out to a restaurant for a meal.

I'm happy my parents forced me to eat everything, now i always look forward to meals wherever and whatever i'm eating! (although not taking my girlfriend to restaurants save money too, which is nice ;) )

When I want your advice I'll ask for it.

In the meantime I'm really glad your not my parent. I had a dad like you in the 70s and he was that mean he put brussel sprouts in the fridge from teatime and served them up for me to eat for breakfast the next day. His theory was if I was hungry enough I'd eat them. Suffice to say they could still be sat in the fridge to this day for all I care and for your information I haven't touched sprouts since. So your theories don't work Einstein.

You DID ask for advice, in placing the original post...

It's just that the sensible and rational responses that you got on here about your child playing you up, and yanking your chain, weren't what you wanted to hear about your PLD.

And your father's method does usually work, it's just that you were a rare exception to the rule.

I think you ought to take our advice about not letting your PLD gaffer you, and sharpish. It's what's called "Making a rod for your own back" allowing your child to rule you.

my children drink both if thirsty.The point is at their school they say it is for health reasons.SO SURLEY,the food menu needs to retract pizzas,sticky sweet puddings,and most of all the summer tuckshop for sweets.It just seems a little hypicritical to me.Especially at their school where they had a poor OFSTED report.This should be there 1st priority.It'S 1 of my main concerns.

My daughter has a medical condition and due to problems is unable to drink water. Are you offering a cure?

I have no reason to lie. As I have said all the relevant medical information will be supplied to school Which as a matter of fact they already have to hand as she has to have a care plan in school because she is also prone to breathing problems and also in the past has stopped breathing. I will also be getting a back up letter from my GP and Consultant at the Childrens.

Have you got your doctors note yet? Did it say what her ailment is called?

Poor kid.

Yet another case of big bro watching you!

I have no problem with any-one trying to increase the health of youngsters but I think it should be the parents who decide whether to follow the advice or not. Not the schools!

Advice you can take or leave, but a school rule is a school rule.

There are provisions for dealing with special cirumstances. If there are no special circumstances, there is no reason to kick against a rule.

Anyone who is seriously concerned that their parenting is undermined by school rules on the contents of lunch boxes would be well advised to look at home schooling.

Archived