School says no flavoured drinks - water only for children

Yet another case of big bro watching you!

I have no problem with any-one trying to increase the health of youngsters but I think it should be the parents who decide whether to follow the advice or not. Not the schools!

I sometimes collect my children from our local school and watch endless fat (and for some reason prematurely old looking) women collect fat kids and then often give them a bag of crisps to eat on the way home. The parents don't seem alble to fix things and the schools are at least trying to do something.

Unless, of course, all these children are allergic to vegetables and the doctor says they have to eat crisps? Perhaps they all have a doctors note? Perhaps eating the right amount of healthy food makes them "gip" (whatever that is).

Crisps aren't a vegetable? Aw :(

*strikes "crisps" off 5-a-day list.*

My daughter can't eat crisps, but she can eat chips. Luckily we have a doctors note as this is a real* medical condition with a name and everything.

*in my own mind only.

• 2 weeks later...
Nowhere on this post have I claimed my daughter is allergic to water so yet again someone else who posts utter rubbish just to join in the debate. After having a medical problem my daughter is unable to drink plain water. Not really bothered about your childhood to be honest this was a thread about what people thought about the ruling not a trip down your memory lane.

I think you're daughter's illness is irrelevant then cluffy, as presumably you would have the same issue with the school, whether she drank water or not?

I sometimes collect my children from our local school and watch endless fat (and for some reason prematurely old looking) women collect fat kids and then often give them a bag of crisps to eat on the way home.

..at least they're getting a walk Ken, the birkdale brigade eat their crisps from the comfort of their anorexic mother's Range Rover :hihi:

• 2 years later...
Any school will accommodate a documented medical problem. Asking parents to provide water rather than drinks full of sugar or sweeteners is not an indication of "little Hitlers", but an entirely reasonable measure that is far easier to implement fairly and for everyone than complicated rules on what drinks can and cannot be brought to school.

Fully agree. I don't have a problem with kids only being allowed water at school, seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Is this for a bet, another 2 year old thread being ressurected. When I die Boy Friday is welcome to lay his hands on me but nothing below the waist, that would be creepy.

Forgive me corkney, it's Tony's fault he posted a link to this thread on the other one..and I think this one's funnier! :blush:

Archived