The big news this morning!!

scottf

I was at the Southampton game at the weekend, and how anyone could even consider paying to watch that level of football for a year is beyond me.

It was dreadful.

What you mean Macca, Didn't you hear.

Sheffield wendy are a massive club and after the July 1st Geoff Sheard takeover they will be getting £50 million a year for 5 years and playing the Liverpool, Man U and the Chelseas of the world in the Champions League :hihi::hihi::hihi:

What you mean Macca, Didn't you hear.

Sheffield wendy are a massive club and after the July 1st Geoff Sheard takeover they will be getting £50 million a year for 5 years and playing the Liverpool, Man U and the Chelseas of the world in the Champions League :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Not my point, not making any observations about rivalry/club size.

The Championship just seems to comprise one or two teams who play good football regularly, and the remainder who seem happy to play a football/tennis hybrid using the midfield as the 'net' for the majority of the time.

And before this is taken as a cue to slag off Wednesday, I was at the lane when they beat you this season, you've no room to brag!!! ;)

I couldn't believe it when I heard it - why release such an embarrassing story?

I know the blades traditionally start their season ticket sales well ahead of us - yours have been on sale for a while now - we only started selling ours at the weekend.

So surely they should wait a while before giving out any figures.

It did seem really odd to release this - it's not like you'd have had Wednesdayite banging on Strafford's door, demanding to know exactly how many you've sold so far! Maybe they thought that by saying it's 25% up on last year, you'd all rush out to get your tickets before it sold out - they should've just left it at 25%, and not given a figure...

Guest sibon
The genuine owls will always get behind the owls and support them .

It's the lost support wednesday so desperately need back.

Any owls fans on here getting a season ticket for next season but didn't have one this season ?

It would be nice to know if the new strategy had worked on anyone from Sf.

I'm getting one for the first time in eight years. I'm under no illusions that the road to recovery is going to be slow, but I do get the feeling that the club is heading in the right direction. Now if anyone out there is in any doubt that attitudes around the club are changing, check out this thread from Owlstalk:

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=104175

The whole thread is a refreshing read. If anyone feels able to put a tenner into the Smile fund to contribute towards tickets for SCH, they can do it via the Wednesdayite website.

I was at the Southampton game at the weekend, and how anyone could even consider paying to watch that level of football for a year is beyond me.

It was dreadful.

To be honest, I never go to see Wednesday expecting great football. I just love going to support the Owls, win, lose or draw. They do **** me off at times, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

To be honest, I never go to see Wednesday expecting great football. I just love going to support the Owls, win, lose or draw. They do **** me off at times, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

I can understand (and heartily respect) that, but I just don't get the approach of the managers, both on the day, and in other c'ship games I've seen. By opting to hoof the ball from back to front all game, you are effectively reducing it to a lottery.

I would have loved to have seen some young British players trying to get their foot on the ball and pass it around the park. I guess the pressure to survive in the league is too great though?

The genuine owls will always get behind the owls and support them .

It's the lost support wednesday so desperately need back.

Any owls fans on here getting a season ticket for next season but didn't have one this season ?

It would be nice to know if the new strategy had worked on anyone from Sf.

Yes, me and the boy.

Archived