The big news this morning!!

scottf

cos we'd have a club the chairman would bail us out like they did when i stood on the kop with gates of 6000.....its football today i've got the problem with...kiss the badge one min...then off for more money the next....

In all fairness to Championship players, they don't get paid huge sums and they're careers are very short, they need to earn as much cash as they can, so I don't blame them moving on for more money, we'd all do the same to support our families. Its the Ashley Cole's of this world that **** me off, he turns down 70k a week to move to Chelsea for 100k, something like that anyway.

Alty- i do see what your saying but even the average champ player earns what?? 5k a week?

thats still 260k for a years work (pre-tax of course), i know there careers are short but even if they only play there 4 year contract out thats over 1 million? surely worth SOME loyalty?

Alty- i do see what your saying but even the average champ player earns what?? 5k a week?

thats still 260k for a years work (pre-tax of course), i know there careers are short but even if they only play there 4 year contract out thats over 1 million? surely worth SOME loyalty?

That money won't last once they've retired. Also as their careers are short, you can't begrudge someone moving wanting to better themselves. Imagine if Wednesday had a great player since 2000 and he was still here today, they'd think he was daft. There's loyalty, but there's a line. Beattie, was he on 40k? He could have stayed at united and been conformatable, but he wanted to play in the premiership again and at the time it didn't look like united would be heading that way. Was he being unloyal?

That money won't last once they've retired. Also as their careers are short, you can't begrudge someone moving wanting to better themselves. Imagine if Wednesday had a great player since 2000 and he was still here today, they'd think he was daft. There's loyalty, but there's a line. Beattie, was he on 40k? He could have stayed at united and been conformatable, but he wanted to play in the premiership again and at the time it didn't look like united would be heading that way. Was he being unloyal?

BT stated on more than one occassion he would have been more than happy to stay with the Blades but WE couldn't afford to keep paying him £40k a week so made the decision to sell.

BT stated on more than one occassion he would have been more than happy to stay with the Blades but WE couldn't afford to keep paying him £40k a week so made the decision to sell.

Oh ok fair enough. I thought Beattie chose to leave as McCabe had been interviewed by Radio Sheffield a few days before and he kept saying they weren't selling and got arsey about it.

Oh ok fair enough. I thought Beattie chose to leave as McCabe had been interviewed by Radio Sheffield a few days before and he kept saying they weren't selling and got arsey about it.

Beatties transfer was a situaiton not handled very well by McCabe as he made out it was Beattie who wanted to leave when this wasn't the case.

Beattie travelled with the team to Burnley to support them so there clearly isn't any bad feeling from him or the club. Players move, its one of those things. Isn't Wood off this summer?

Beatties transfer was a situaiton not handled very well by McCabe as he made out it was Beattie who wanted to leave when this wasn't the case.

Beattie travelled with the team to Burnley to support them so there clearly isn't any bad feeling from him or the club. Players move, its one of those things. Isn't Wood off this summer?

A lot of people wouldn't be bothered about Wood leaving. He's been bloody awful

A lot of people wouldn't be bothered about Wood leaving. He's been bloody awful

Rumours on Blades.org keep popping up about a deal in place for Wood to come to the Lane during the summer, its not good news if he's no good.

Bromby and Wood at the back would be a scarey thought, i don't have a huge amount of faith in Bromby though he seems to do the job but he's forever missing headers and the ball is bouncing off his shin, thigh or ankle.

Rumours on Blades.org keep popping up about a deal in place for Wood to come to the Lane during the summer, its not good news if he's no good.

Bromby and Wood at the back would be a scarey thought, i don't have a huge amount of faith in Bromby though he seems to do the job but he's forever missing headers and the ball is bouncing off his shin, thigh or ankle.

There are rumours on Owlstalk that United are interested. He has been good in parts, but recently he's just been off the boil too much for my liking. Now Richard Hinds, he's been a rock recently. Wood is supposedly a Wednesdayite, so I presume he wouldn't go to the lane at all. Wood may benefit with a having a 'strong' defender next to him, like he used to in Coughlan. So teaming him up with Bromby or Kilgallon would not be a great idea.

Archived