The big news this morning!!

scottf

Just heard this on Radio sheffield as i was coming to work- HOT out of the sheffield wednesday press office!!

Sheffield Wednesday have announced that sales of season tickets are 25% up on a like for like basis on last year!!!!!

They have sold a massive . . . . .

. ...

wait for it

. .. . .

really- wait for it..

558!!!!!

Everyone- i think we should stand and give them a round of applause for this amazing feat!!

Considering that season ticket sales were so poor last season, then this is a none story. Season ticket sales were more than 50% down last season at this stage? :loopy:

If they were to say that sales were up on the previous season then that would be worth the paper the press release was written on. :thumbsup:

So in actual fact they are more than 30% down on the season before (I can't do the maths but it will be more than 30% even)

i think woods is off the boil because he's on his bike in the summer cov wanted him earlier

i was quite impressed with him last season against us, wouldn't mind him at ours to be honest regarding the rock that is hinds he's only play a couple of games been out injured ?

ST prices may well still be tinkered with even further.

Lots of Owls are not happy with the present price situation, and Strafford may well review it again.

Anyway, it's what happens on the pitch that matters, and if Wednesday do great next season, I don't care if it's in front of 49,000 or 4,900.

ST prices may well still be tinkered with even further.

Lots of Owls are not happy with the present price situation, and Strafford may well review it again.

Anyway, it's what happens on the pitch that matters, and if Wednesday do great next season, I don't care if it's in front of 49,000 or 4,900.

The £4m increase in the budget that's been talked about - is this regardless of how many season tickets are sold, or based on the talked about 16k target? In other words, if you only get say 10k ST holders, does the budget drop significantly, and likewise if you get 20k, is it to increase to £5m?

Just seems odd to be seeing that figure quoted, regardless of the club's income... and perhaps not a wise move, as other clubs may think Wednesday have got more money to spend, and hold out for a better price (if the target is under contract)?

Announcing sales at this stage is ridiculous anyway, did they really expect people to be queuing to renew on the first day?

That said, they've sold 558 plus whatever they've sold this week, before they've even sent out the renewal forms so it's not all that bad.

Announcing sales at this stage is ridiculous anyway, did they really expect people to be queuing to renew on the first day?

That said, they've sold 558 plus whatever they've sold this week, before they've even sent out the renewal forms so it's not all that bad.

It's called "whistling past the graveyard" :)

They're not sending out renewal forms. You need to renew online or go into the shop. I've moved from the South Stand into the Kop, bang in the middle, great seats and great price at £184. Staff were great, got a grand tour of North and Kop to choose seats.

Archived