Coble stones found on Newhall Road.

the name of the artist is rick mick.

bought four pictures other week of him,his stall is roundabout w.h.smith on fargate.well worth a look you could spend ages going through his paintings talk about nostalgia.

Skippy

What a great Sheffield picture, thanks for showing it. Who was the artist?

PopT

PopT, the pics were sent to me by rf2690, I put all four pics on the Grimesthorpe thread, it would probably be worth a trip back just to have a look at the stall. :hihi:

This picture just oozes Sheffield, brilliant.

If you are on Attercliffe call in Staveley Insurance Services office next to the Holiday shop in Banners building, they have the set on the wall, either 4 or 6 I can't remember. They won't mind you asking about them, it will brighten their day up.

• 3 months later...

I'm currently researching my family history and have discovered my mother was born in a house on Newhall Road. I have just dowloaded Rick Mick's painting - which I think is brilliant and is just the sort of thing my mum used to reminisce about - especially the trams. Am I the only person here thinking that Sheffield has lost it's way in recent times and maybe it ought to ressurect the cutlery industry (I don't mean the steel industry)? I think 'Made In Sheffield' still oozes quality.

Skippy, Thank You so much for posting the picture link, the building on the left is The Brightside Foundry, that small door is the entrance to the electric sub station ( the bottob sub ) the top sub is above it, I used to spend hours looking over the little wall at the traffic when I was an apprentice electrician there. Thanks for the memories.