Favourite bars/restaurants/clubs in Sheffield

LaureeW

Having visited Sheffield a few times from London, the following represents what I think makes the city worth visiting - i.e. non-chain places that are unique to Sheffield, but correct me if I'm wrong!

There are loads that I can list - but below are the cream of the crop (and makes a nice change from the usual in London!)

Bars

Wig and Pen - cool, smart, stylish

Trippets and The Green Room - relaxed, cosy, live jazz

Muse - great music, cool crowd, great place to chill as well as a pre-club

Forum bar - some great nights and good simple food

Restaurants

WasabiSabi - one of it's kind Japanese I've yet to find in London i.e. attracting a cool, but not overtly pretentious crowd, a place with great atmosphere as well as with an extensive menu

Mashouse - nice (very) little place serving comfort food

Mao - tried this place the other week, very cool decor and great atmosphere. Very funky and great music policy (for a Chinese!)

Clubs

The Pin-Up Club - Spot on funky house night in an intimate club which brings back memories of the glory days of the early 90's

And of course what makes these places extra special is the friendliness of the people!

Cheers

Dog & Partridge on Trippet Lane - a genuine Irish pub with the best Guinness in Sheffield & musicians in the back room.

If you're sick of bars & want unpretentious pubs then a pub crawl of D&P, Red Deer, The Washington & Bath Hotel is good.

I'm a journalist, in Sheffield.

Hi.

The Lescar on Sharrowvale Road offers a great live jazz night on a Wednesday, it's only two pound in for a candlelit night of musical craftsmanship...yeah.

The Sheaf View off Chesterfield Road is a great place for real ale drinkers, and has a non smokers room too. The novelty of the guest beers is as enticing as the gorgeous dark Eerdinger on draft. No anti socially volumatic music either.

• 10 months later...

Hi, me and my friends really enjoy the Harley, mondays are wicked and loving the fact that the bar is open til 3 at the weekend. Would also rate muse and lounge which i think are a similar kind of ethos as the harley- fewer chavs, nice drinks and good music. The wig and pen is pretty nice as well, mainly because i love their wine glasses! On a local vibe you can't get better than the lescar, very relaxed, drinks are cheap, and if your a dog lover you're bound to see the odd mutley hanging in the back.:thumbsup:

Hi, not sure about some of the replies so far. Thought sharkeys had closed down? As for tequila bar, it does nice food but the rest of it is pretty dire, cocktails are rubbish and there never seems to be an atmosphere, god i sound like a regular!

Bar wise i would say in order Muse, Harley, dulo, menzels. All pretty laid back with really cool staff.

Club Nights; Loving plug at the minute, urban gorilla ( wherever it's on that week). That's it i think!

ps since when did the words takapuna and vip go together??

Archived